Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tigerlilly

The Med In Feb?

13 posts in this topic

I am looking to go away in february and have seen a sailing on NCL that we are quite interested in . . .just wondered if anyone has been to this area this time of year and could advsie if it's worth going or if it is too cold?? any advice welcome! The itinerary is:

ROME, OLYMPIA (KATAKOLON), PIRAEUS (ATHENS), KUSADASI, ISTANBUL, NAPLES/POMPEII, ROME

Thanks x

I think at that time of year it will be cool to mild - most unlikely you'll have sunbathing weather though.

If its a good deal then I would still go for the sightseeing - there's a lot of interesting ports of call on that itinerary!

Hi  I have cruised the Med in February and it can be warm by day but it can also be cool and wet, you have to accept that it can be variable,  If you want to maximise your changes of good in weather then chose a cruise to the Canaries.

I am looking to go away in february and have seen a sailing on NCL that we are quite interested in . . .just wondered if anyone has been to this area this time of year and could advsie if it's worth going or if it is too cold?? any advice welcome! The itinerary is:

ROME, OLYMPIA (KATAKOLON), PIRAEUS (ATHENS), KUSADASI, ISTANBUL, NAPLES/POMPEII, ROME

Thanks x

A great time to berth at Kusadasi and make the journey to Ephesus. The crowds will have disappeared.

It will  not be bikini weather , but you will get intermittent sunshine .

I may be warmer on land, but sea days could be sunny and warmish but not undressing weather. More like trousers and a tops and maybe a lightweight jacket.

I live in the Eastern Med and it is warmer here. However, February is the worse month of the year. It can be windy raining. and cold at night but also very sunny but without the heat.

So think of it as a spring day in the UK and you'll be on the right track, Go for the fact you are cruising  & enjoy the ship and the ports of call and don't count on sunbathing.  Having said all that I am a bit soft as I have lived In the heat for too many years so feel cold easily. Enjoy your cruise and relax .

I broke my Golden Rule three years ago as my daughter and her partner booked a cruise then wanted us to go with them. It was for October. My G.R. has always been to cruise the med only between the end of June - mid September as I like to sun bathe on sea days.

Anyway we went but the warm 'sea days' clothes I took were needed.

I would imagine Feb. to be the same.

As someone has said though Ephesus is worth a visit as is the Blue Mosque and Topkapi ( is that spelled right ?) Palace both in Istanbul. Rome would I imagine be much pleasanter for a wander round as well as it can get extremely hot in the summer.

Happy cruising

Whilst I haven't been on a cruise in February, (I have done December to the Baltics which I know is irrelevant) you could check web sites for the local weather average at that time of the year to give you an idea of what to expect. Mind you at least you won't be doing the Bay of Biscay… cool.png

ron likes this

Thank you everyone for your advice! I'm not sure i fancy the cold but we just cant decide what to do! sad.png we did the canaries from barcelona this year in february and it certainly wasnt warm!

Land Ahoy likes this

On the cruise mentioned above which we took, we sat on the balcony waiting to sail out of Gibraltar where it had been warm and sunny. We had hoped to maybe see some Dolphins - only as we moved out of the berth we entered the fog - couldn't see anything. ohmy.png

I would go on a cruise any month of the year if it was the right price anywhere is better than being at home.

I live in the far Eastern Med and in February it is our worst month.

We have sunshine most days but February it can rain and be windy , stormy and cold at times. We get better weather here than the rest of the Med. At the moment it is still 23 degrees and sunbathing weather, but the days are also shorter now as they are in February. The sun id gone by 4-0pm. You need to be up early to get the best of the days in February. I would say go and enjoy the ship and the ports but do not expect to laying in the sun all day.