Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Solent Richard

Corfu Ship's Excursion

6 posts in this topic

Earlier this year my wife and I visited the island of Corfu while cruising on P&O's Ventura.

VenturaberthedatCorfu_zps4894df8b.jpg

Not having been to Corfu we opted for a ship's excursion in order to maximise our visit. The excursion was almost a  full day one and highlights we visited were the Monastery of the Virgin Mary at Paleokastritsa ...

MonasteryChapel_zps6414e4b4.jpg

The Achilleion Palace built by Empress Elisabeth of Bavaria...

TheNineMusesDaughtersofZeusandMnemosyne_

The Greek vineyard at Ambelonas where we had an outstanding traditional Greek lunch...

ExcursionAmbelonasLunch_zps0ba2323c.jpg

before returning to Corfu Town for a short guided tour and some free time...

Narrowshoppingstreets_zps304b7440.jpg

CorfuTownOldFortress_zpsf340cf72.jpg

A full review of the excursion can be found on my blog page with lots more photographs. The Achilleion Palace is a must to see...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/11/03/one-way-to-do-corfu/

The cost of the P&O excursion was £56.00 per person though this was reduced by 105 with our 'loyalty discount'.

At either price it was good value for money.

hturtle and RobBar like this

smile.pngsmile.png so the excursions only cost you 7gbp (56 x 2 - 105)  , lots left to buy some great wine

Well spotted Rob. Shift key error '5' should be '%'.

I'll move to the back of the class: but only for an hour.tongue.png tongue.png

PS. Just learnt you can't edit after a certain period. Something new every day.

RobBar likes this

Ha ha ... non issue.... Richard,   I do blips all the time

As to Edits , I find I have to 'refresh' the entry and enter my post twice to get back in and be able to activate the ability to modify my post

we did not do an excursion here, and wish we had as really not much happening if you just walk into town from the ship, although we walked to the top of the new fort with no entrance fee which offered excellent views

Having enjoyed a similar excursion, I found Corfu Town quite interesting after the tour, good game of criket on the square too, one of the few places in Greece where our old pastimes are still indulged!! Love the island and its people ( foods not bad either)