Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverSong

Iconic Christmas Adverts, The Holidays Are Coming!

52 posts in this topic

The “Christmas Advert” has become a feature starting the countdown of manic shopping sprees by many.  For many years it was the Coke Cola truck, which even goes on tours now round the country.  But a little boy excited about giving his parents a Christmas present changed all that.  The now iconic John Lewis advert set a new president, and many others try to mirror their success.

This year John Lewis will be introducing us to Monty the Penguin.

So what is your favourite Christmas TV advert and why?

Companies are always battling with each other, now more than ever, to have the best, most talked about adverts at Christmas. The Coca Cola one is the most iconic and still popular today!

Hi  I may be stupid but I really can't say any of the Xmas advertisements are that great.  They certainly don't encourage me to visit/buy the chain/product they are promoting.  However, I did enjoy the TV companies advertising what was to be on over the festive period but I grew out of this around puberty.

Mine is the all time favourite " Coca Cola " as soon as I see that I get giddy. Followed by John Lewis - the rabbit and the bear , then lastly M&S food especially the mouth watering Chocolate melting puddings - yum !

As I am getting a bit older and have a little girl, christmas is evermore delightful and I now do my upmost to embrace the magic of it all.

I think the new trend for the ads helps.

I love the ads this morning I saw the new John Lewis, its clever, its lovely, its christmas, its for young and old alike.

smile.png

Monty and Mabel are OK but nothing like last years Bear and Hare which was very moving, however there is only one advert which tells you it's almost Christmas and that is Coca Cola ......................Holidays are coming .......................Holidays are coming and yes I have the T-Shirt :D

The Sainsbury's ad featuring the WW1 temporary truce in the trenches on Christmas day trounces all the other ads by the big supermarkets. Made in conjunction with the Royal British Legion.

! Christmas is for sharing !

the penguins seem to be sold out for now, def on their website.

The ones at £95 each are huge but they have £12 ones aswell which are a nice smaller size, no stock though.

Havn't tried to purchase so not sure if there is a list or if you just have to keep checking

Sainsbury's have won this years battle of the Christmas advert. It has the message most of us have forgotten which is it is not the cost of the gift but the gift itself and Sainsbury's have shown this by not advertising their products on the add yes they are selling the bars of chocolate shown but all proceeds are going to Military charities so well done to them.

They are sold out even with the £90.00 price tag!

Hi  As the phrase says "A fool and their money are soon parted".  Who's the idiot, John Lewis for selling a cheaply manufactured stuffed penguin toy for 90 pounds or those who have purchased it?