Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Guest Solent Richard

One Year On

24 posts in this topic

I happened to glance at my profile earlier and saw that it is just over a year since I joined this forum.

That gave me the idea to ask a question of myself.

What is it that i like personally about the Bolsover Cruise Club Forum.

The answer as easy.

I think it's about the members who generally are a most discerning group of cruisers, most with considerable knowledge of life in a cruising environment.

I could of course  add to that by saying that the majority also come across as not relying on the forum for their social existence. That is what makes it so much better: we pop in and out, have our say, and contribute just as much as we see fit.

What's your take?

Nothing to do with being banned from another well known cruise forum then rolleyes.gif

OOps someone is not happysad.png ,myself I have always found the majority of Richards posts very informative and his photos very good so why would someone bring up the past!!!.

This is the one and only forum I have ever been a member of and do not wish to be told of previous forums or there members,we all try to keep this forum friendly so why bring bad blood across to this onewink.png

Actually I appreciated  'Pyewacket' comment as I took it as a sense of humour, which we all have at times on this forum. I was encouraged to join for the past year or so and finally elected to join this mess of rebels.

I can relate to some forums making life difficult for one, myself included but I enjoy this group as I can provide info to help or ask questions knowing it will be looked at in a positive manner.

Back to Richards comments , fully agree and sure if you know ones history you might respond in a way but life is short , enjoy the humour, I do :)  

This thread prompted me to look at my joining date and like others it is over a year ago that I joined.

I like this forum as unlike some others it has a diversified range of opinions from experienced cruisers and some great photos that have often tempted me to visit locations I had not otherwise thought about.

I personally think it a little unfair to mention another members banning as of course we don't know, or at least I don't, the circumstances behind it. By mentioning it, it can give people a preconceived impression of the person concerned. People get banned from forums for a variety of reasons and I say this as being a moderator on another forum. I would have taken Pyewacket's comment differently had it been followed by a laughing smiley rather than a rolling eyes.

From me a big thank you to all those who have posted subjects that have kept me interested in what has turned out to be a great forum and is fast becoming 'The' cruise forum.

Joined 13 months ago and have enjoyed dipping in and out of topics that appeared to be of interest.  Found some really useful stuff and hope that I've managed to be of some help to others from time to time.  Yes, there have been several "cringe" moments but I've also had a few belly laughs too.  Long may it prosper.

I think Richard's post is a good one and also got me thinking.

It is also over a year since I joined the forum , never having been a member of any other forum I take things & posts at face value.

I thought I knew an awful lot about cruising ,having cruised for over 20 years , but I have learned a lot of useful information on here from fellow members .

We can all rely on some members to post some wonderful photos of their cruise journeys , especially Richard .

Life would indeed be very boring if we all liked the same things , same ships , same ports, or the same people ,the forum is no different .

I for one have really enjoyed learning from you all and really appreciate the cruising information you all post from your travels .

Congrats for one year on! We enjoy your posts and photos. We also enjoy this site. Thanks to all for making it enjoyable!

I've not been on this forum long, in the past I have been on the old P&O Community site which I found very helpful. I have found this forum to be very informative with a great deal of information to search for topics.

So far I haven't noticed the negative comments that do appear on some of the other sites,

I have learnt to take with a pinch of salt the comments that seem close to the mark as I don't know either the people or the circumstances to really have an opinion worthy of a reply.

What I would like to know is where do I pose a question on the page?

I joined at the beginning also but I did not use my regular sign in name for a few weeks as I was avoiding a troll who tends to follow me around.:)

I pop in and out and it is not all time consuming for me to do so. There are some nice folks around on here and it is easy to get along and get good information from seasoned cruisers.

I love Richards reviews and I am always jealous of his photography skills. I really must get rid on my  Box Brownie camera and  get as good as Richard. :)

Falmouthgirl and RobBar like this

Been a member for 13 months. I have never been a member of any other cruise forum as I don't feel the need to. I get great information and help from the members of this forum, and hope that I have provided a little info to others too. Love you all xx

RobBar likes this

Hi  I find people's opinions useful, whether I agree with them or not.  I don't take offence if somebody disagrees with my views.  However, the thing I have learnt is that many cruisers are extremely loyal to their favourite cruise line and IMO they review their cruises though "rose coloured glasses" and are reluctant to see any weaknesses, but on a positive note (unlike U2) "they have found what they were looking for".

RobBar and Sailaway like this

Nothing to do with being banned from another well known cruise forum then rolleyes.gif

Hello Pyewacket.

Thanks for the reminder. I had of course forgotten to mention in my OP the following I had brought across with me: some of course not personally invited. wink.png wink.png

Hello Pyewacket.

Thanks for the reminder. I had of course forgotten to mention in my OP the following I had brought across with me: some of course not personally invited. wink.png wink.png

The following can't have been Bolsover cruise club members then otherwise they would have had an open invitation from them, I don't think anyone was personally invited unless you are referring to your own personal invites which I'm sure Bolsover will be very grateful for especially if your following make them their cruise agent, I for one wouldn't book with anyone else their service is second to none  smile.png   

The following can't have been Bolsover cruise club members then otherwise they would have had an open invitation from them, I don't think anyone was personally invited unless you are referring to your own personal invites which I'm sure Bolsover will be very grateful for especially if your following make them their cruise agent, I for one wouldn't book with anyone else their service is second to none  smile.png   

Bolsover are very good at what they do but why tie yourself to one agent?

I bet that if you saw a cruise advertised on Bolsover at say 1k and it was advertised elsewhere for £900 and Bolsover couldn't pricematch you'd be off like a shot..it's human nature I'm afraid...we all love a bargain.

Falmouthgirl likes this

I bet that if you saw a cruise advertised on Bolsover at say 1k and it was advertised elsewhere for £900 and Bolsover couldn't pricematch you'd be off like a shot..it's human nature I'm afraid...we all love a bargain.

While I agree we all love a bargain,I am under the impression all agents have to charge the same cruise price as the operator. But they can offer a loyalty bonus the same as Bolsover did with our last booking three weeks ago so it does pay to stay with an agent.wink.png

RobBar and beartoes like this

Good afternoon Terminator.

Good to see you back.

Sometimes there are circumstances where one's favoured travel agent cannot help.

Take for instance my cruise on Hapag-Lloyd's Europa 2.

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/10/03/europa-2-raising-the-bar/

I gave the first opportunity to Bolsover but unfortunately they were not able to even accept the booking, not being a Hapag-Lloyd preferred agent.

Terminator likes this

Good afternoon Pyewacket.

I must assume then you have misunderstood my earlier comment.

I was referring to a number of my friends who joined this forum at my instigation following an event that you chose to highlight. I'm sure you know whom I am talking about, you would certainly have been aware of them on another forum.

Now that must be to Bolsover Cruise Club's benefit, aka new folk on the database.

It is also a benefit to the forum as many of them are very experienced cruisers.

ron and Oldworldtraveller like this

Good afternoon,

I have used Bolsover cruise in the past and received an email from them last year inviting me to join their forum (have just checked my profile and i joined end of Nov 2013).

I have to say i'm not a wholly dedicated poster, i come and go from the forum depending on if i'm planning a holiday / counting down to a cruise & getting a wee bit excited / generally a bit bored at home on a rainy day! I have cruised quite a few times, holidayed abroad many times, i love reading about other peoples travels and particularly looking at photos. Sometimes i've cringed at conversations i've witnessed on here, other times i've laughed and I enjoy reading peoples points of view. I've certainly learned a lot from those who appear to live & breath all things cruise related.

Long may it continue!

I had to check my profile as I couldn't remember when I joined and I can't believe it was January this year. I know I haven't been on as long as a lot of you, but I can hardly believe how the time has flown. I do enjoy reading peoples posts even if it's a topic I cannot comment on.

this is my first forum and so far i have found it to be very informative, it was useful to me when i was planning my Norway cruise earlier this year as i found other peoples experiences invaluable. Thanks everyone smile.png 

Had to check joining date one year and one month full marks fro Richard for pointing me  to Bolsover and their forum , there are some very good tips to be had on here and great offers, I don't join in every day but dip in and out when time allows  long may the forum  continue .CG

RobBar likes this