Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RiverSong

Southampton Hotel Showcases Frist Cruise Lounge

11 posts in this topic

The Grand Harbour Hotel on Southampton’s Waterfront has created a luxury lounge for cruise passengers departing from the port.  It has converted its fish restaurant into a lounge where guests can relax with free snacks and drinks while hotel staff look after their bags and then provide transfers to ships.  So will this shape the future of hotels in Ports or will it fade out with the tide?

RobBar likes this

Hello River Song.I have said on this Forum before that we have used the Grand Harbour park and transfer a few times,and allways been very happy with the service.

It sounds like this is another good reason to use them.

Rodger. 

Does this mean it is only for Hotel guests and or people parking cars. Do they have enough space in the transfer bus ?? as a lot of these free transfers you end up fighting to get on with your bags or having to wait for the next bus

Prior to moving back to the Southampton area the Grand Harbour was our hotel of choice when visiting friends in the area. I've always enjoyed my stays there and, having recently experienced a similar arrangement in an upmarket hotel in Athens - albeit post cruise - I think it's a great idea.

8695491526_d3a93aa5dc_z.jpg

Hello River Song.I have said on this Forum before that we have used the Grand Harbour park and transfer a few times,and allways been very happy with the service.

It sounds like this is another good reason to use them.

Rodger. 

Good morning Rodger.

In matter of fact I have seen numerous adverts for cruises where a travel agent has included a pre-cruise night in the Grand Harbour and that included the transfers the next day.

Hello Rob Bar,one of the things we like about the Grand Harbour is that they use their own people carrier type vehicles.They will only transport your party at any trip.So comfort is assured.

Rodger.

It's good to read all the comments about this hotel which are very positive.

I have booked this hotel with the parking and transfer for our QM2 cruise next year. I now feel confident I have made the right choice.

Susan