Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Land Ahoy

Replay An Old Album/cd Day!

7 posts in this topic

Hi  The calendar full of days commemorating various events.  I was thinking it should be made compulsory to have a day where you play some of  your old favourite albums which you haven't played for years.  I spent three hours last Saturday listening to quite a few old vinyl albums (Led Zep 4, Never Mind The Boll**ks, Band On The Run, Tubular Bells and The White Album.  Nearly all these albums have stood the test of time, but I had forgotten how many self-indulgent tracks the Beatles put on their double album, it would have made a great single album.  Have you re-visited old albums after many years and come to the conclusion (like me) that you should play these gems more often?

Funny you should post this a few weeks ago on Facebook a request was going round to post your Top Ten Albums to date, at the time I really had to think what mine were & narrow it down to just ten!  So that Sunday I got out some classics like

Pearl Jam – Ten, The Verve – Unfinished Sympathy, White Stripes – Elephant all with a bit of Fleetwood Mac thrown into the mix,  and reminded myself why I bought them in the first place.

Also a good excuses to play them before Christmas madness takes over.

Land Ahoy likes this

Hi 

Trouble is, unless you buy on line, you can't buy a record player these days. I don't know about you but I like to hear what a system sounds like before I buy one….

Hi  I'm surprised you can't buy a vinyl deck on the High Street in your location.  The national chain Richer Sounds sell decks, here in the North East we still have a few independent audio shops which will let you hear your potential system before purchase.   Remember vinyl is making a come back amongst the young these days and "cool" DJ's have always tried to use vinyl material if it was put out in that format.

RiverSong likes this

I got a deck for my Xmas a few years ago and copied vinyls on to a stick and then loaded them into my MP4 player.

I also bought some old jazz records for my Kindle - not expensive.

Great to listen to the old sounds

David E

RiverSong likes this

I listen to my Elvis albums naturally, but the other night we had Gene Pitney followed by 2 Dire Straights albums

Sounds like you may be a bit of a Hound Dog, Elvis and possibly Looking Through The Eyes of Love.....but do you prefer Love Over Gold???? wink.png