Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RiverSong

Usa Sneezes & Britain Gets A Cold!

13 posts in this topic

It’s an old saying, but has proven to be true in the past.  You would have been forgiven for mistaking some current footage of the snowstorms in New York for a scene in a movie like “The Day After Tomorrow”, with parts coved in 5ft of snow and more predicted.  Now the British Media is advising it’s on our way!  We are apparently on heightened alert as temperatures could drop to -7C.  Forecasters have issued a warning that we are almost certain to get snow blizzards and can expect something similar to the winter of 2010 when parts of Britain came to a standstill.  I for one hope this is not the case, so with fingers, legs and anything else I can cross let’s hope it misses us and this is yet another case of the press over reacting.

Funny the weather man on BBC lunchtime news said that we wouldnt get any effect of the current snow storms in USA.

The heavy snow in the Buffalo, NY area is lake effect snow so we would doubt this would effect your weather in any way.

However, after watching it on the news it maks a winter Caribbean cruise more inviting!cool.png cool.png

I also heard that by the time this weather comes to us, the air around it would have thawed it out and that, although we will be getting fog and frost, the temperatures should not be too low. I think they mentioned 15 degrees in some places over the weekend.

Brrr - the north wind doth blow and we shall have snow - looks like we will follow in North America's footsteps yet again.The local councils will be totally unprepared again and everything will grind to a halt.

Hi  We are in mid November, the winter months are approaching and we in the UK have experienced prolonged snow falls in the past and will do so in the future.  It's called winter weather, we can't do anything about it, just accept whatever happens and remember even if it does snow it will disappear eventually!

Oh I do hope it isn't like 2010, on one day we had 20 inches of snow overnight and out in the open it had drifted so bad it had totally covered our neighbours 4x4 !!

GiGi

As the famous saying goes we all know “Winter Is Coming” it’s the fact that our roads and public facilities grind to a holt.  As a country we never seem prepared.  I love snow it’s the big kid in me, but it doesn’t mix well with the work

The thing that tickles me is that when I go visiting relatives in the USA the majority of the time when it snows the roads are cleared. When I was visiting family who live on the edge of lake Michagan, its a country road about 7 miles from the nearest town, I got up one morning to about 3 feet of snow but there was none on the roads. In this country, as previously stated, it grinds to a halt, for wrong type of snow, leaves on the lines, you name it we have the excuses… trouble is because we had a few years without snow they got rid of the snow ploughs, its about time they got their priorities right.

RiverSong and Tally like this

Let it snow I say, hopefully not on christmas day though as christmas dinner has been planned at my brothers who lives 40mins away and unfortunately dont think my suzuki is made for winter weather haha! :)biggrin.png biggrin.png