Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Solent Richard

Digital Postcards From Ha Long Bay

7 posts in this topic

15948673196_ed5128e7b5_z.jpg

My wife and I have recently returned from a 22 night full-on adventure the first part of which took us on a 3 day cruise around Ha Long Bay, Vietnam.

We sailed on a delightful modern purpose built ship called the Au Co...

15352163924_72e82d2aae_z.jpg

15352159944_a15f5d2b59_z.jpg

Ha Long Bay is a very popular tourist destination with a great diversity of interests. We certainly considered ourselves lucky not just to be there and see the spectacular scenery but also be there when the weather was favourable and conducive with good photographic conditions.

15972447431_9cee85d643_z.jpg

One of the main attractions was a visit to a floating village where we were split into groups and and given a circular tour in traditional bamboo boats...

15789102180_b6ff23d461_z.jpg

15976380445_0183ede7d6_z.jpg

A full review of the cruise can be found on my blog where many more colourful photographs are on display.

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2014/12/09/a-far-eastern-trilogy-part-1-halong-bay/

The whole 22 day package was courtesy of Australian Pacific Touring (APT) and was their 'Best of Vietnam & Cambodia' Luxury Package

KeithnRita and maggieshoemou like this

Nice photos Richard! Great review on the blog! Looks like it was £11980 well spent!

Thank you and how observant of you.laugh.png laugh.png

I'm pleased to see I have such an avid follower, and not just of my forum profile.

As Ha Long Bay was only three days of the APT 22 night package I'm sure you will enjoy the other parts even more.

It's a funny old world and ship knowledge is a wonderful thing. 

15787134620_571ed191ee_z.jpg

maggieshoemou likes this

I await the subsequent issues with bated breath! I follow your blog for its wealth of first hand experience cruising - you are a credit to yourself. I love the novel creation of the digital post card. Evidently great photography and innovation are among your talents.

I would not consider myself to be observant at all! Do you not have the fares of your past and future cruises posted on your blog? I am very keen to read about your £12000+ Sovereign cruise! Is that to celebrate any special occasion? An inside on Celebrity Eclipse in May is all that I can afford this coming year!

I await the subsequent issues with bated breath! I follow your blog for its wealth of first hand experience cruising - you are a credit to yourself. I love the novel creation of the digital post card. Evidently great photography and innovation are among your talents.

I would not consider myself to be observant at all! Do you not have the fares of your past and future cruises posted on your blog? I am very keen to read about your £12000+ Sovereign cruise! Is that to celebrate any special occasion? An inside on Celebrity Eclipse in May is all that I can afford this coming year!

Good morning LK.

Thank you for your kind comments and support for my blog.

When I made the 'observant' comment I actually alluded to the very item you confirmed.

Can I assume you are one of my 146 regular followers?

With regard to my future cruises none are booked with 'special' occasions in mind (though one is 'special' to the cruise line as opposed to us). The one you allude to was my first with that company and will also be my last: compared to Bolsover Cruise Club they proved singularly lacking in their administration.

In a relative  world I'm sure you will enjoy your Celebrity Eclipse cruise in May to the same degree of enjoyment as I get from mine.

Indeed, I will look forward to your review and, hopefully, some pictures.  

maggieshoemou likes this

A small PS.

I wouldn't consider 'digital postcards' a novel creation.

They have been floating around the internet, and not just on cruise forums, for some time.

Indeed, they are catching on and I note one can even get an App now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2451019/Ps-Postcards-app-lets-send-postcard-going-near-letterbox.html

maggieshoemou likes this