Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bolsover Cruise Club

Bookings Open For Britain's First Cookery School At Sea

19 posts in this topic

P&O Cruises have announced bookings are now open for Britain's first cookery school at sea on board their new ship Britannia. This also includes Eric Lanlard's afternoon tea and the new Limelight Club. Passengers with confirmed bookings are now able to reserve places in advance through the ‘P&O Cruises Personaliser’ up to three months prior to their departure.

The Cookery Club runs in consultation with Britain’s best loved TV chef James Martin. It offers a unique opportunity to learn from one of the best chefs through a series of fully interactive classes inspired by James’s favourite dishes, as well as the destinations Britannia will visit. Classes start from £45 per person up to £100 for a hosted dinner.

James Martin will be travelling on the following cruises:

B502 - Maiden cruise, 14 to 28 Mar, 2015                             Bookings open December 17, 2014

B510 - Mediterranean, 13 to 27 Jun, 2015                             Bookings open February 13, 2015

B513 - British Isles, 6 to 18 Jul, 2015                                     Bookings open March 8, 2015

B521 - Iberia, 14 to 25 Sept, 2015                                          Bookings open May 17, 2015

B523 - Mediterranean, 9 to 23 Oct, 2015                               Bookings open June 11, 2015

Master pâtissier Eric Lanlard’s signature afternoon tea offers a unique twist on this classic British institution, elevating the humble pastime into something utterly decadent and indulgent. Discover savoury gruyère cheese éclairs with brie, rocket and red onion marmalade and exotic pop cones topped with orange blossom Persian candy floss to name but a few delicacies! Served at 15.30, you can book a table for between one to six people from £15 per person.

Eric Lanlard will be travelling on the following cruises:

B502 - Maiden cruise, 14 to 28 Mar, 2015                                Bookings open December 17, 2014

B508 - Guernsey, Spain and France, 23 to 30 May, 2015        Bookings open January 1, 2015

B522 - Canary Islands, 25 Sep to 9 Oct, 2015                         Bookings open May 28, 2015

B524 - Caribbean transatlantic, 23 Oct to 6 Nov, 2015            Bookings open June 25, 2015

A first for P&O Cruises, The Limelight Club is an adult-only venue perfect for lovers of great food and entertainment. Expect a lively and enjoyable evening in the company of some great performers that are exclusive to the Limelight Club whilst enjoying a sumptuous dinner. You can book a table for up to six people from £22 per person.

Anyone any ideas when they are going to release menus for Sindhu, Epicurean and Limelight we are on the maiden and want to book up.

Anyone any ideas when they are going to release menus for Sindhu, Epicurean and Limelight we are on the maiden and want to book up.

Sample menus for Limelight are available through your Personaliser.

They have also announced the first four 'celebs' for the 'Limelight' shows.

Kiki Di will be performing exclusively in the Limelight Club as will Madeline Bell.

I very much like the idea of the Limelight Club.

It is billed as 'upmarket' dining while being entertained by some very special guest entertainers.

And the cover charge isn't exactly exorbitant. 

lightening10 likes this

I very much like the idea of the Limelight Club.

It is billed as 'upmarket' dining while being entertained by some very special guest entertainers.

And the cover charge isn't exactly exorbitant. 

Further to my earlier comment on the 'Limelight Club', here  is a bit more info.

It is billed as a first for P&O cruises and is an adults only venue that combines great food with dazzling entertainment.

The surroundings will be sumptuous and a lively and enjoyable evening can be expected in th company of selected great performers - that you won't see anywhere else on the ship.

P&O further state that later in the evening the Limelight Club turns into a late-night dancing venue, so one can enjoy a full evenings dining and entertainment without having to mvd around the ship.

They do state that the dress code will match the laid back atmosphere  and it will be smart casual every night, even on black tie evenings. 

Other entertainers programmed for the maiden voyage are the powerful and inspirational vocalist Kaki Graham and the actor Dean Andrews.

Kaki Graham laugh.png  think we will prefer to go and see Jaki Graham.

Well there you go Shilly, 'J' and 'K' next to each other on my keyboard so I'll admit the typo.

As you wrote "Anyone any ideas when they are going to release menus for Sindhu, Epicurean and Limelight we are on the maiden and want to book up" on 17th,  had you still been a member of the B502 Facebook Group then you'd have learn't that at least the Limelight Club details were available on that date.

Further to my earlier comment on the 'Limelight Club', here  is a bit more info.

It is billed as a first for P&O cruises and is an adults only venue that combines great food with dazzling entertainment.

The surroundings will be sumptuous and a lively and enjoyable evening can be expected in th company of selected great performers - that you won't see anywhere else on the ship.

P&O further state that later in the evening the Limelight Club turns into a late-night dancing venue, so one can enjoy a full evenings dining and entertainment without having to mvd around the ship.

They do state that the dress code will match the laid back atmosphere  and it will be smart casual every night, even on black tie evenings. 

Other entertainers programmed for the maiden voyage are the powerful and inspirational vocalist Kaki Graham and the actor Dean Andrews.

As I can't 'edit' this post, for those who cannot enter the cruise personaliser, the cove charge for the Limelight Club is £22.00 per person.

There is of course the various loyalty discounts to be applied which for two persons attending one evening equates to £4.40.

Well there you go Shilly, 'J' and 'K' next to each other on my keyboard so I'll admit the typo.

As you wrote "Anyone any ideas when they are going to release menus for Sindhu, Epicurean and Limelight we are on the maiden and want to book up" on 17th,  had you still been a member of the B502 Facebook Group then you'd have learn't that at least the Limelight Club details were available on that date.

Wouldnt of made a blind bit of difference whether I was a member of the B502 Facebook page because I dont have any intention of going to Limelight Club on the 17th.

I seem to remember that when another cruise line started to charge for an upmarket afternoon tea they came in for quite a bit of criticism and they were charging less than half the £15pp shown on this thread. Sounds like another attempt to separate the passenger from their wallet. As for the Limelight Club and their smart casual dress code even on formal evenings, doesn't that fly in the face of what people said on another thread on this forum recently? 

Terminator likes this

With regard to the prices for the Masterclass.

Someone posted on Facebook that for the Maiden the Masterclass is £100 and if you want to dine it is £150.  Slightly up on the £45.

Someone posted on Facebook that for the Maiden the Masterclass is £100 and if you want to dine it is £150.  Slightly up on the £45.

The prices are correct as they are available to book on P&O website for the Maiden Cruise.

Someone posted on Facebook that for the Maiden the Masterclass is £100 and if you want to dine it is £150. Slightly up on the £45.

Bloody hell..at least D!ck Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed you..

Oldworldtraveller likes this

I seem to remember that when another cruise line started to charge for an upmarket afternoon tea they came in for quite a bit of criticism and they were charging less than half the £15pp shown on this thread. Sounds like another attempt to separate the passenger from their wallet. As for the Limelight Club and their smart casual dress code even on formal evenings, doesn't that fly in the face of what people said on another thread on this forum recently? 

Without a link to the relevant threads I'm at a bit of a loss to comment on the individual matters

However, I'm more than happy to state that if the policy for dress codes in the Limelight Club is 'as stated' then I have no issue with it. It is no different to that allowing passengers wishing to dine in the buffet on a formal night (God forbid) not having to dress formally.

Indeed, I see no reason why one could not attend the Limelight Club on a formal night in formal attire.

I'm all for raising standards. wink.png wink.png

Oldworldtraveller likes this

The only thing against going to the Limelight on a formal night in formal dress is that it would be against the dress code (It will be smart casual every night, even on black tie evenings) which so many want enforced. wink.png

Regarding links to pages.  It seems that most of the information is coming out of the Cruise Personaliser for those on the Maiden.  Frustrating that there is nothing on the P&O site.

Someone has just posted on Facebook that Epicurean Restaurant (Deck 16) is £28pp, Afternoon tea there is £15pp.