Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Valmay

Adonia Amazon Trip 22 January 2015

5 posts in this topic

Looking forward to this trip apart from all the injections and malaria tablets. Has anyone been to brazil ona cruise.

Hi Valmay,

Yes, we went up the Amazon on P&O's Artemis.   Visited Santarem, Parantins and Manaus.  The most amazing thing is trying to comprehend just how wide this amazing river is when, the first time you can see land on either side, you realise you are looking at an island and not both banks.

Seriously cold beer served in Manaus,

Enjoy!!

Looking forward to this trip apart from all the injections and malaria tablets. Has anyone been to brazil ona cruise.

Yes. I went on Fred Olsen's Braemar. Here it is in Manaus... 

8279920347_ba5795e43a_z.jpg

You are in for a treat. It's a great experience and my advice is to do as much as you can in the way of excursions, including piranha fishing...

8280975302_95bbbb19a6_z.jpg

...and meeting a sloth...

8279921055_9bf2eb72d7_z.jpg

Any other questions?

Hi Valmay, we did the same trip as David H.  We saw a marvellous folklore show in Parentins and went on a boat trip to see the 'Meeting of the Waters'.  We also walked from the ship up to the Opera House in Manaus.  I have a couple of pics which I will now try to fit into this post.  We took our malaria tabs religiously and I covered myself head to toe when we took a little boat trip into the 'jungle'.  Hot and steamy, the Amazon is amazing !

DavidH likes this