Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baldeagle

Valparasio To Santiago

6 posts in this topic

Leaving Aurora on 5th Feb in Valparasio and we are planing trip to Santiago, flying home the following day. As P&O do not provide the transport apart from Airport, can anyone recommend the quickest and best way to travel. Have been quoted approx 250$ by the hotel in Santiago to arrange the taxi transfer, but maybe someone can throw a light on the ease of getting a taxi ourselves at the Cruise Terminal.

Any recommendation of sights to see in Santiago would be appreciated.

Cheers, Mike.

Leaving Aurora on 5th Feb in Valparasio and we are planing trip to Santiago, flying home the following day. As P&O do not provide the transport apart from Airport, can anyone recommend the quickest and best way to travel. Have been quoted approx 250$ by the hotel in Santiago to arrange the taxi transfer, but maybe someone can throw a light on the ease of getting a taxi ourselves at the Cruise Terminal.

Any recommendation of sights to see in Santiago would be appreciated.

Cheers, Mike.

Good morning Mike.

I don't know how I missed this but hopefully you may pick it up soon.

I have done the excursion between Valparasio and Santiago from Queen Mary 2.

11725506305_353d450180_z.jpg

For the time/distance between the two I'd say that the taxi fare quoted is not far off though you may get it slightly cheaper in Valparaiso using that figure as a guide.

Santiago is well worth a visit, a fascinating city with lots to see - I'd have loved to have spent longer.

The Presidential Palace is a great attraction...

11725506865_efbe059a0d_z.jpg

...as is San Cristobal Hill and the Plaza de Armas.

And the food is great too.

baldeagle likes this

Richard

Many thanks for the advise, I have booked a tour from Valparaiso with "Christian The Van Man" who I found through various reviews of the area.

He is picking us up from the ship at 8 am for a tour. He suggests a tour of Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar, calling at a winery in Casablanca Valley for a tour and tasting and lunch or afternoon stop at a typical Chilean rustic restaurant. He will then deliver us to hotel in Santiago at approx 4.30pm.

Good reviews of his tours by various people and he is charging $120 each. Not bad value considering a quote of $100 each just for the transfer between ship & hotel.

Will post and let you know if he was good on our return. Flying to Rio for a couple of nights before boarding Aurora.

Mike

DavidH likes this

Richard

Many thanks for the advise, I have booked a tour from Valparaiso with "Christian The Van Man" who I found through various reviews of the area.

He is picking us up from the ship at 8 am for a tour. He suggests a tour of Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar, calling at a winery in Casablanca Valley for a tour and tasting and lunch or afternoon stop at a typical Chilean rustic restaurant. He will then deliver us to hotel in Santiago at approx 4.30pm.

Good reviews of his tours by various people and he is charging $120 each. Not bad value considering a quote of $100 each just for the transfer between ship & hotel.

Will post and let you know if he was good on our return. Flying to Rio for a couple of nights before boarding Aurora.

Mike

Excellent news BaldEagle. 

Our Cunard cruise stopped at Vina Del Mar on the return from Santiago so you are in good hands.

Bon Voyage.

Just back from Aurora cruise from Rio to Valparaiso and report that if anyone wants to get from Valparaiso Port to Santiago, do not hesitate to try Christian The Van Man. Collected us at Cruise Terminal at 08.30 and did a tour of Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar before travelling to Winery for a Lovely meal and wine tasting. Then onwards to Santiago for 17.30. We called at several places that P&O tour buses could not navigate.

If anyone interested contact is christianroymx@hotmail.com

Excellent english as he is American who was born in Chile and charge was $100 per person based on 4 sharing.