Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KeithnRita

Drink Packages On Rci

11 posts in this topic

Our B2B cruise is over and the first week for New Year was great, however the second week was not so good. We both came down with head and chest colds so we missed a lot of activities. Also we lost our appetites. What really surprised us was RCI pushing the drink packages and no longer publishing individual drink prices in their bar menus. When we ordered a drink we had to ask the servers the drink prices. It seems that some want to make sure they to get their money's worth. A case in point is when we tried to help a very large man off the floor when he fell getting out of his chair. As it turned out he didn't really fall as he just passed out from excessive drinking! I took me and 2 others to get him into a wheelchair so security could haul him back to his stateroom!

We are glad we did not go with a drink package as we only had a few drinks each the second week of our cruise due to our colds.

The drinks package that Royal Caribbean are offering at the moment as part of their current offer is good because it is only for beer and wine and soft drinks - I know people can still drink to excess if they wish hoiwever, most people are sensible and just like to relax and enjoy good company.

As someone who drinks cocktails and likes wine with meals, I love the flexibility of a drinks package.

They're not just for people who want to get blind drunk every day.

Though I don't think Royal Caribbean's implementation of drinks packages is nearly as good as Celebrity's

Sorry to hear you not able to enjoy the latter part of your voyage as much as you wished, hopefully youare both recovered now, It is a shame that as with most all inclusive holidays the odd individual has to go to excess but putting that aside the stress free approach of not worrying what the final shipboard account will be is certainly an advantage, Like Duncan I think the Celebrity package certainly has the edge over its competitors

You don't need to be on an all inclusive ship to see drunks. ;) It seems that some cruise lines attract them more than others. For example Azamara is all inclusive but never seen anybody drunk. The other advantage with Azamara is that it is not a package but a true 'all inclusive'.

DavidH and Land Ahoy like this

We have recently returned from our cruise on Anthem of the Seas and our cruise included the drinks package of beer wine and soft drinks. It was great value for money and on the odd occasion we fancied a cocktail we were very happy to pay the extra, however, cocktails have now shot up in price, it's not that long ago they were 6 dollars then 8 and now they are 12! It's still a shame though that nowadays you can have as many alcoholic drinks as you like but you still can't get a complimentary bottle of water per person per day in your stateroom, how crazy is that? It's about time one of these cruise companies introduced this, people would be so pleased I'm sure?

We have recently returned from our cruise on Anthem of the Seas and our cruise included the drinks package of beer wine and soft drinks. It was great value for money and on the odd occasion we fancied a cocktail we were very happy to pay the extra, however, cocktails have now shot up in price, it's not that long ago they were 6 dollars then 8 and now they are 12! It's still a shame though that nowadays you can have as many alcoholic drinks as you like but you still can't get a complimentary bottle of water per person per day in your stateroom, how crazy is that? It's about time one of these cruise companies introduced this, people would be so pleased I'm sure?

I think we were on the same cruise, and I did a daily vlog documenting my experience on the ship!  You can see them in order here: http://duncanwrites.co.uk/category/anthem-2015/?order=asc

You can get bottle water from any of the bars which you could easily store in your stateroom fridge for use as and when required.  What I like was the ability to get a bottle of water in addition to whatever alcoholic drink you were getting while on a package.  Great idea!

We did have the Ultimate Package though, so we could have basically anything we wanted.  Great flexibility!  I actually thought the implementation of the drinks packages on Anthem was lightyears better than the experience I had on Splendour of the Seas in November.

I think we were on the same cruise, and I did a daily vlog documenting my experience on the ship!  You can see them in order here: http://duncanwrites.co.uk/category/anthem-2015/?order=asc

You can get bottle water from any of the bars which you could easily store in your stateroom fridge for use as and when required.  What I like was the ability to get a bottle of water in addition to whatever alcoholic drink you were getting while on a package.  Great idea!

We did have the Ultimate Package though, so we could have basically anything we wanted.  Great flexibility!  I actually thought the implementation of the drinks packages on Anthem was lightyears better than the experience I had on Splendour of the Seas in November.

I was on Splendour in November Duncan, Barcelona to Santos, is this the cruise you were on?

OWT

I was on Splendour in November Duncan, Barcelona to Santos, is this the cruise you were on?

OWT

No, I was on a Greek Isles cruise.  I think I posted the blog on here at that point, but I haven't been on this forum in a while - I only logged on because of the email notification about this thread!

No, I was on a Greek Isles cruise.  I think I posted the blog on here at that point, but I haven't been on this forum in a while - I only logged on because of the email notification about this thread!

Thought I hadn't seen you for a while, Duncan.  Hope all is well.