Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seawitch

Mighty Cruise Ships

19 posts in this topic

We came across this program by accident and have recorded and watched the series so far.I wouldn't say 'mighty' is the right description as the ships so far have been small by today's standards. But compared to 'the cruise ship' we have found this program fascinating. The head chefs going ashore at each port to source the best local products .The crew changing ports at short notice when rough seas threaten. Has anyone else been watching this series and wanted to try these cruises?

We watched the Azamara one and have set the next one to record. We really enjoyed watching it! Cannot find the first and second episodes though sad.png  which ships did we miss??

Thanks Tigerlilly as I missed the Azamara one , I enjoyed the ones that featured Paul Gaugin & La Soleal but somehow missed Azamara.

Will catch up on Saturday morning .....must see it as I enjoyed sailing on Azamara Journey and so I am intrigued about the water pouring in !

What channel is it on?

It is on Quest channel 37 on my TV on Tuesdays at 21-00 a very good channel .wink.png

For information, Quest is on Sky channel 167.

Thanks Tigerlilly as I missed the Azamara one , I enjoyed the ones that featured Paul Gaugin & La Soleal but somehow missed Azamara.

Will catch up on Saturday morning .....must see it as I enjoyed sailing on Azamara Journey and so I am intrigued about the water pouring in !

It was a burst water pipe which was soon repaired not as dramatic as some would make out(such as the film crew)wink.png

DavidH likes this

Hi    I have   seen quite a few of these programmes and the ones I have the most are the ships I have sailed on namely Crystal Serenity and Azamara Journey.  It's nice to see how the all operations happen and you don't realise how much work goes on behind the scene to provide the passengers  a relaxing and cruise and how most problems are solved quickly and most of these will go un-noticed by most guests.  I recommend this series to all those using this forum, it's informative and this you an insight into the working of a cruise ship.

Mighty Cruise Ships is a subset of Mighty Ships, these programmes have been around for a couple or so years now and have been oft repeated.

Unfortunately there is a pattern to the presentation which can become a bit wearing. Always show how much food and booze is being loaded, always nearly miss leaving on time as there is something missing (passengers, food, fuel, etc.) but usually make it. Crisis of some kind at sea be it weather, maintenance or docking problems. Show some of the crew going the extra mile, e.g. getting a specific type of fish, arranging a spectacular anniversary party. The commentary can also seem as if the crew have never done any of this before, but phew it's alright in the end.

If you can get over these obvious setups and over dramatization then they are quite informative.

The ones I really enjoy are the non cruise ships where the ship is designed for a specific purpose be it Great Lakes/Atlantic icebreaker, animal transport or heavy lifting.

RayO

Just realised that this is yet another resurrected post which went 18 months without any comment until yesterday.

Mighty Ships is obviously still doing the rounds. I wish they'd make a few new ones.

RayO