Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fudge

Football

16 posts in this topic

I was at Derby County v Chesterfield on Saturday, hate to admit it but Derby was very lucky Chesterfield played well.  The shock results where coming through while the match was on, but isn’t this what the FA Cup is about the underdogs and chances they get smile.png

Reading at home next for us.

Fudge and J-Dog like this

That makes great reading River Song to a dedicted Spireite supporter, like you I was there at it was great to see that 2 local rivals and all the supporters can enjoy football together without incident. It was a great game and the difference clear to see(clinical in front of goal wins the game!!)

RiverSong and J-Dog like this

That makes great reading River Song to a dedicted Spireite supporter, like you I was there at it was great to see that 2 local rivals and all the supporters can enjoy football together without incident. It was a great game and the difference clear to see(clinical in front of goal wins the game!!)

It was a good crowd for a local Derby, unlike Forest the week before. 

One question you can answer, why is a mouse that resembles Jerry the team mascot for Chesterfield?

Over here our football is coming to an end with the Super Bowl on late Sunday afternoon. It's Super Bowl party time! We will be at a party at one of our daughter's house.

Is there much interest and is this game televised in the UK?

Over here our football is coming to an end with the Super Bowl on late Sunday afternoon. It's Super Bowl party time! We will be at a party at one of our daughter's house.

So are you A Patriot or A Seahawk?

Its picking up in the UK, and is also screened live here but it’s a late one for us.  One of my friends is a basketball coach & loves the NFL so I have been to a few games, not sure if i fully understand the rules.

KeithnRita likes this

So are you A Patriot or A Seahawk?

Its picking up in the UK, and is also screened live here but it’s a late one for us.  One of my friends is a basketball coach & loves the NFL so I have been to a few games, not sure if i fully understand the rules.

We are not fans of the Patriots or the Seahawks. Our Colts were embarrassing blown out by the Patriots the Sunday before last. I'm a fan of the game and will be watching. Rita will be watching for the commercials.

RiverSong likes this

Hi KnR,

American Football gets quite a bit of coverage on Sky TV over here and yes, I do enjoy watching from time to time.  There has also been an initiative in recent years whereby a game is staged at Wembley Stadium in London to try and promote interest in the sport over here.  I understand that the NFL have announced that a 3 match series will be played at Wembley for the second successive year in 2015.  The New York Jets are certainly scheduled to play Miami Dolphins on Sunday 4 October 2015 and I'm fairly sure my Danish nephew will be hoping to get over to see that one - he's a huge Dolphins fan.  Maybe you could tie it in with your wished for Queen cruise to the UK (picked up from another thread).  Now that would be something!!

KeithnRita likes this

ha ha, I seem to recall he was that blind he scored the half time penalty against rammy, maybe he was too busy grazing on the watered grass!!!

We had to let you get at least one ball in the back of the net, you came all that way for a day out tongue.png 

I know, well we had to turn up to fill the stadium for you as half the derby seats were filled with town fans too, There's always next time!!

p.s is your food that bad you have to import our local pies for half time?

RiverSong likes this

Watching the Chelsea v Liverpool Cup game last night it reminded me of American football with the shoulder charges and body blocking. It was quite a brutal game at times - not happy about the way the beautiful game is being played by some. Two footed sliding tackles from behind, legging players up, shirt pulling and cynical tackles. It was disgraceful. Three Liverpool players were trodden on in three separatge incidents by the same Chelsea player. All of these incidents are cheating and unsporting and certainly not the way I like to see football being played. You can see that some teams are SO desperate to win that they will do anything they can get away with to achieve a win, even if they get a nailed-on yellow-card, it's worth it to stop an opposing team's attack on goal. These players will get away with whatever they can, while they can. Send 'em off, that might stop it. #ugly #shameless.

RiverSong and cruise chef like this