Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walkie Talkie

Who Does The Packing In Your House?

28 posts in this topic

I am about to start packing for a week away in sunny Majorca (at least I hope it will be) and it got me wondering am I the only dum- dum around or are there others out there. Who does the packing in your house?

Hubbie, or as he is known when in the dog house, my first husband, has spent his day, reading the newspaper, getting out his clothing etc for me to pack, having a relaxing bath and is currently stretched out on his stressless recliner watching Top Gear whereas I on the other hand went out this morning to do some last minute shopping, then went to take his sister's dog for a walk,  had half an hour to myself in the gym, came home and did some ironing. I know I only have myself to blame I am just such a big softy.

Oh well at least we are not on a cruise so don't have to worry how I am going to pack "cruise clothes" without creasing them but with 2 cruises booked for this year and a third under consideration it is only a matter of time.

momoperth likes this

I lay my clothes out ready for packing.  That includes ironing shirts and folding them in tissue paper to minimise creases but Her Ladyship does the actual packing.  My job is then to weigh the cases, once she's happy with what's in. 

JH327, TraceyA and momoperth like this

We each do our own, although I am sometimes asked to fold shirts. Husband takes far too much every time, and if I tried to do his packing I would leave most of it out so that would not be a good start to a holiday. There is no way I would want him to do mine!!

TraceyA likes this

Unfortunately me!  I hate packing, but equally hate unpacking more with all the washing & ironing.  My main problem is if I need an outfit to go out in I have nothing the wear, but when it comes to packing all of a sudden I have a wardrobe full of clothes that I just have to bring!  Anyone else have this problem wacko.png

Rita does all the packing. Only she know how to include 10 to 12 pair of shoes in our luggage!

My wife packs a pair of her shoes inside each pair of mine.......one of the advantages of my large-ish feet.  Unfortunately, that only accomodates around 3 pairs and, no, that does not limit her to just 3 pairs of shoes!! 

KeithnRita, TraceyA and cruise chef like this

Just read your comments David and I'm sure one of our girls where I work if I passed that comment on would be increasing the weight of her other half's cases substanially.

I pack my own case and like you have larger feet so I tend to pack my suncream & other liquids inside my shoes to protect them from the usual bashing at airports, so far it has served me well as I haven't had any clothes ruined by broken liquid containers!!

DavidH and Mimosa like this

My husband and I have the packing routine down to a fine art. We take the cat to the cattery then I do the packing while he cleans the house.

momoperth likes this

Never me i am the worst suitcase packer ever, i put it off until the last minute and then it's a mad panic, much easier to leave it to my husband he's far more organised than me.

Packing in our house is the most stressful part of our holidays.

I cannot stand packing, I pack my own case and our little girl's, luckily my other half packs his own.

We both stress about the weight and not being able to fit everything in we need. Although, this year will be our first family holiday without the nappies, yaaay, so that should makes things a lot easier. I also have the job of purchasing toiletries and non clothing essentials, making list after list.

We stress about having to leave our labrador Ruben in kennels and we usually fall out with eachother and even ourselves... until we are off of the drive.

We can then breathe and look forward to the journey to the port or the airport, it happens every time haha. It's a good thing that we enjoy our holidays so much and I think if we went more often I would be better at packing and it would all be less stressful biggrin.png

TraceyA likes this

This is not a problem for us. 2 rails come out, in the spare room, one for me and the other for she who must be obeyed. After things are put on then off then on again I pack my things and then pack what is on the other rail. We weigh the bags, not the anchor. I also pack the car. Good aten't I? If you believe all this then the pink pugs pull Santa's sleigh

boomboomtime likes this

I do all the packing after one year when my husband did his own he only had one pair of trousers and no black shoes! We went away for 5 days at Easter to a hotel and took nearly as much as we do on a two week cruise. We took one large suitcase and a small one. We are going on the Arcadia in May and will take two large suitcase plus a small one (we are going for 26 days-back to back cruises).

momoperth likes this