Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GiGi

Valentine's Dinner At Home

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

So, for those of us making Valentine's dinner at home what's on the menu?

I'm making Camembert and tomato tart with basil oil for starter. For mains its calves liver with red wine sauce served on a cheese, onion and potato cake with green beans. Desert is Eaton Mess.

A nice bottle of sparkly for pre dinner drinks and a full rich red with the meal will do us just nice.

What are you having?

kerry304 likes this

Just a buffet meal during the Ballroom Dance we're attending.  Nice piece of cod fillet for lunch, though.

You're meal sounds good, though, GiGi.  Enjoy!!

It's funny but I never feel my time in the kitchen is a chore, I love it. However my sister loaths cooking and would sell her soul to the devil to get out of Christmas dinner.

As we speak my sauce is made and my tart is in the oven smelling quite yummy!

Rack of lamb with herbed potatoes and snow peas (aka mange tout) then frozen lemon cheesecake for dessert. I made extra when we had a dinner party and kept a small one in the freezer for tonight. Orange and almond salad for starter. Husband is in charge of wine, coffee and liqueurs, but I really enjoy cooking. He usually volunteers to clear up which is appreciated! We will go out for dinner next week, never on Valentines Day.

Sheila

I have bought the M & S £20 meal deal only to discover that my husband has booked a restaurant for tonight. So we will be having the M & S meal tomorrow. No complaints about that!

Irene. 

seawitch likes this

Oh smtcan, rack of lamb, Mmmmm I love it.

Sounds yum.

We get racks of lamb from Scotland that are grass fed and matured and are just to die for. I think that will have to be dinner next Saturday night.

our M&S meal was coquilles St Jacques, Herb crusted rack of lamb, med roast veg, dutch apple tart with italian ice cream. Half bottle of white with starter and red with the main. finished with coffee and brandy.  I Love cooking special meals but it seems such a chore for just 2.

We had a Tesco special for two for £20. Beef Wellington with a delicious sauce, Dauphinoise parsnips and potatoes, broccoli spears and green beans, followed by a mini heart shaped chocolate torte, all washed down with a bottle of Prosecco.  It was lovely.

Hi Fudge,

If you like vegetables done the dauphinois style and would make it yourself, try fennel, adding tarragon to each layer it is delicious.

GiGi