Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cruise addict

Currency

12 posts in this topic

We are going to the eastern Caribbean next week and I noticed that two of the islands we are visiting use the Euro-Guadeloupe & Martinique.

Can anyone advise me if I can use US$ on these islands or do I need to take Euros.

Thanks

Irene

ive just got back from the caribbean yesterday and you can use US Dollars in most ports i didnt visit either of those islands you mentioned but as far as i am aware they accept US Dollars, be aware though some islands use locally Eastern Caribbean Dollars and Barbados Dollars wich are not the same in value as US Dollars

Going back many years ago in Antigua shops they accepted the US dollar as though they had been given a Caribbean dollar, even though the proper  value was about double.

Last time I was in Guadeloupe, they were happy to accept both US$ and the euro's as Martinque is a french island and I believe governed by Paris some of the pricing was in Euro's too.

Having just returned from the Eastern Caribbean I can confirm that US dollars are accepted everywhere. However on the Islands of Martinique, Guadeloupe & St Barts the exchange rate was not very good. Therefore I would recommend that your use Euros on these islands if possible.

Irene 

Last time I was in Guadeloupe, they were happy to accept both US$ and the euro's as Martinque is a french island and I believe governed by Paris some of the pricing was in Euro's too.

I believe that Guadelope and Martinique are both overseas departments.

With the euro rate so good at the moment and this being the registered currency I would take Euro, by the time the sops have converted Dollars into Euro's you may loser out