Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David

M & S

5 posts in this topic

I know that quite a few people use the M&S premium club for their travel insurance. I have a letter today indicating that the price of this is going up to £20 per month and I wondered if people thought that this was still good value (nb - the cost includes a number of other benefits, which could amount to £200 if all were used)

I think that you always have to careful with travel insurance that is part of perks from a bank account or credit card. Not only do they NOT always cover you for pre-existing conditions particularly if they are not on their list of problems that are covered, but you also have to make sure that they cover you for cruising, i.e. being airlifted off the ship etc etc.

I have just renewed mine with BUPA that covers all my problems and it cost £190 for gold cover worldwide for the year. With my list of problems I am very happy with that. cool.png

DavidH likes this

I've sent the form back rejecting the travel insurance upgrade. This now brings the monthly cost down to £10.

I reckon I could get travel insurance for my annual cruise for less than £120.

Having just returned from a caribbean cruise on the Azura after my wife was taken off the ship ill in Barbados (last morning of cruise). 1) I forgot to take our policy, ships doctor did everything inc. contacting our insurance & insisting we went to a private clinic (not public hospital). 2) One night in ships medic centre cost £950.00. 3) Two weeks in clinic cost approx. US$10,000. Who carries this amount of cash on holiday? Clinic only wanted cash, not insurance promise of payment. I had to find hotel accomodation, meals & transport to clinic & back. Insurance paid for business class flights back to UK & transport to our home with a nurse accompanying my wife. My reasonning for this post is to make people aware of what may be expected of them if they do get stranded abroad. British High Commision in Barbados did seem to get our insurance to do things to repatriate us.

Thanks for the replies.

I did check into the coverage of cruises some time ago and was informed that it was covered. Just to make sure I called again this morning and was reassured that it was, providing the trip was less than 45 days (if only)

As we are doing a British Isles cruise this year, at least we can get the bus home to save the insurers a little money !!!

As we make full use of the free drinks vouchers at M&S (value £120), plus the other freebies, I guess we will stick with that for now at least. Just a little disappointed that the cost has gone from £10 per month when we started to £20.