Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Kidd II

Pre Cruise Hotel With Safe Parking In Southampton

8 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend a good hotel with safe parking for an overnight stay in Southampton? Travelling in January so I think it would be good to go down the day before. I would like to leave my luggage in the car if possible.

Fred, we normally stay at the Holiday Inn Express next to the Rose Bowl Hampshire cricket ground. Stayed 3 years running and booked in for this summer the night before cruise departure. Large car park and never had any problems with leaving main luggage in boot. It is then a short drive in the morning down to the cruise terminal.

I have stayed at Holiday Inn that is opposite the cruise terminal so really easy in the morning to get to the port.  We have also stayed in the De Vere Grand Harbour which is also opposite the docks but is a bit more expensive.

Ive stayed @ the Hilton southampton and they transfer you down to the port, really good service and had no complaints. It's not in a bad area & has CCTV so pretty safe as fare as hotels in cities go!!

This is my 1st post !!!

We usually travel down to Southampton the day before from Yorkshire. We stay at the DE Vere New Place, Which isn't in Southampton but out in the peaceful country side.  We book their cruise package which include dinner, bed & breakfast, parking & a taxi to & from Southampton.

A great place to start your holiday with lovely staff.

We always leave our cruise luggage in the car with no problems.

oldbiddy1 likes this

Hello, Fue - welcome to the Forum. Thank you for this suggestion. I met a couple, last week, who had done just the same thing. In the end I booked at the Holiday Inn Express - M27 which turned out to be really good. We used CPS parking for the cruise but the Hotel car park had full cctv and you could use the luggage room if you wanted. The evening meal was a superb Indian and very good value. I could not complain about the room and the earlier you book the cheaper it is. We are going there again on our next cruises.

oldbiddy1 likes this