Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oldworldtraveller

Scenic Tours

8 posts in this topic

Here is a river cruise company that has really raised the luxury bar. I have just spent 5 days aboard the Scenic Jasper, their latest ship. It is true luxury. Cabins with large balcony's where half of the balcony window raises and lowers so that the balcony can be used in all weathers. A walk in shower that is huge with jets from 3 separate roses. L'Occitane en Province French toiletries and food that many cruise lines can only dream of. On the top deck is a grass lawn, large BBQ area and Al Fresco dining. A pool with large jacuzzi at one end. If you want to spoil yourself give it a try. Everything is inclusive. A fabulous product.

DavidH likes this

A couple of pictures of the cabin.

Looks good OWT but I think they have pinched that idea from APT and Amalotus...

15997279059_8d1109dcb4_z.jpg

They refer to it as an 'added French balcony'.

Here is a river cruise company that has really raised the luxury bar. I have just spent 5 days aboard the Scenic Jasper, their latest ship. It is true luxury. Cabins with large balcony's where half of the balcony window raises and lowers so that the balcony can be used in all weathers. A walk in shower that is huge with jets from 3 separate roses. L'Occitane en Province French toiletries and food that many cruise lines can only dream of. On the top deck is a grass lawn, large BBQ area and Al Fresco dining. A pool with large jacuzzi at one end. If you want to spoil yourself give it a try. Everything is inclusive. A fabulous product.

Thanks for that review OWT. I have until now never considered Scenic.

Looks good OWT but I think they have pinched that idea from APT and Amalotus...

15997279059_8d1109dcb4_z.jpg

They refer to it as an 'added French balcony'.

It isn't actually a French Balcony. It is a real balcony with glass behind you which can be folded away and glass in front which can be electronically lowered.Perhaps this is a better view.

post-1266-0-97049500-1427714053_thumb.jpg

It isn't actually a French Balcony. It is a real balcony with glass behind you which can be folded away and glass in front which can be electronically lowered.Perhaps this is a better view.

Thanks for the clarification Old WorldTraveller.

I'll be checking out the itineraries for 2017 as 2016's river cruise is already booked.

Oldworldtraveller likes this

Hi OWT,

Thanks for the review and photos.  We will (eventually) get round to river cruising and will almost certainly look to do it with Scenic Tours.  We enjoyed a 4 week land tour of Australia with Scenic just over 12 months ago and were extremely impressed by both content and organisation.  Cannot recommend them too highly based on our experience.

Oldworldtraveller likes this