Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Land Ahoy

Annoying Trends!

8 posts in this topic

Hi   Am I alone in that certain modern trends do annoy me?   One example is that hotels and cruise ships often put a large number of throws and cushions on the bed these days.  They may look "attractive" but once you retire you have to take them off the bed and place them somewhere making the cabin looking like a junkyard, what's the point?  What annoys you about current trends?

I am in full support with you, as you say the beds may look nice during the day but at night time your cabin can look a bit like a bomb has gone off, is there really a need for so many cushions ?wink.png

Hi   Am I alone in that certain modern trends do annoy me?   One example is that hotels and cruise ships often put a large number of throws and cushions on the bed these days.  They may look "attractive" but once you retire you have to take them off the bed and place them somewhere making the cabin looking like a junkyard, what's the point?  What annoys you about current trends?

I've always found the steward removes them when servicing your cabin in the evening and usually places them on the sofa which imo doesn't look untidy at all, slightly different in a hotel if you are just overnight as you have to do it yourself but I usually find they can be neatly placed on a chair/sofa so again not a problem, p'raps I don't see it as a problem/annoyance as I have cushions on my beds at home wink.png  

Oldworldtraveller likes this

lol! yes ron i thought my cabin was bad but when i looked into other  cabins its like a bomb has gone off! i really dont let things like throws or pillows bother me. 

Our throws and cushions always disappeared when they made up the cabin for the night. I found out where when i looked under the bed they were in a large plastic bag. 

Having seen the state of some rooms as you walk down the corridor in a morning I think we should spare a thought for the poor cabin steward who has to clean up after people, I bet they dont leave their rooms at home in the same mess!!

Having seen the state of some rooms as you walk down the corridor in a morning I think we should spare a thought for the poor cabin steward who has to clean up after people, I bet they dont leave their rooms at home in the same mess!!

I'm not so sure about that Cruise Chef. biggrin.png biggrin.png

ron likes this