Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matilda_1

Arcadia Christmas & New Year Caribbean Cruise

5 posts in this topic

Is anybody else on this cruise? J521? It's sailing from Southampton (thankfully no flying!). I have visited many of these ports before but looking forward to the long break (over 3 weeks) away from rubbish British weather and the traditional stressful Christmas (bah humbug i hear you cry!). A nice quiet one for me this year, is anyone else booked on? Have just booked today & glad i waited as it was reduced by £600 biggrin.png    

Is anybody else on this cruise? J521? It's sailing from Southampton (thankfully no flying!). I have visited many of these ports before but looking forward to the long break (over 3 weeks) away from rubbish British weather and the traditional stressful Christmas (bah humbug i hear you cry!). A nice quiet one for me this year, is anyone else booked on? Have just booked today & glad i waited as it was reduced by £600 biggrin.png    

Good afternoon Matilda.

Lucky old you. Its a few years since I had my Christmas and new Year cruise to the Caribbean on Arcadia but it was a great time.

And oh the joy of 'Adults' only.

Good afternoon Matilda.

Lucky old you. Its a few years since I had my Christmas and new Year cruise to the Caribbean on Arcadia but it was a great time.

And oh the joy of 'Adults' only.

Sorry, SR, can't agree with "the joy of Adults only" at Christmas.  The main reason we never commit to holidays at that time of year is that it has always been regarded as family time in our household and, indeed, in those of our parents.  To not be there when our children and, now, our grandchildren wake on Christmas morning to an empty glass and plate (the contents having been left out for Santa the night before) and to see and share in their excitement as they give and receive presents is unthinkable.

I'm sure that, for many, cruising at Christmas is hugely enjoyable but thought I should express my entirely opposite view.

wheels36 likes this

Sorry, SR, can't agree with "the joy of Adults only" at Christmas.  The main reason we never commit to holidays at that time of year is that it has always been regarded as family time in our household and, indeed, in those of our parents.  To not be there when our children and, now, our grandchildren wake on Christmas morning to an empty glass and plate (the contents having been left out for Santa the night before) and to see and share in their excitement as they give and receive presents is unthinkable.

I'm sure that, for many, cruising at Christmas is hugely enjoyable but thought I should express my entirely opposite view.

Good morning David.

No problem, we each have our likes, priorities and opinions and I fully accept yours.

Though I would add, that with three 'adult' only ships packing around 4,600 passengers,  there are a few with similar views to mine.

Have a nice day.

DavidH likes this