Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Graden

Dining Conundrum

5 posts in this topic

We've booked an early saver on P&O Brittania, cabin to be allocated nearer the time etc,it's just the dining bit that we could do with some advice from you seasonned sailors please.

Dining will be allocated on board apparently,however we would be happy for either freedom or first sitting but the second sitting at 8.30 is a bit late for us .

Do you think this will present a problem?

We hope that the maitre' would be able to sort it for us.

Any suggestions please? Thank you

As I understand it the answer to your question is that you have lower priority for dining requests and so could end up with 2nd sitting. I'm sure that the Restaurant Manager will try to assist if this is possible, and it would do no harm to ask if you get on board and find out you have been allocated 2nd sitting.

It is a good few years since we sailed with P&O but my sense is that now 1st sitting is more popular than 2nd sitting, but I'm sure that others will have direct experience.

On the other hand you might find that you enjoy 2nd sitting - plenty of time to get ready and enjoy a drink beforehand!

I believe when you book and Early Saver you can request your dining and P&o send you an email link to request this or you agent can do this. However you dont learn which dining you have been allocated until you are onboard

Nowadays it is pot luck on dining when you book a saver fare. However, as soon as you get to your cabin and see the card which says what dining time you have been allocated, if it is not what you want then go to the restaurant manager and ask if there is any chance of changing. Others may well be doing the same and it could work out that a swap can be made. Good luck! 

Thanks everyone,Your comments much appreciated,and we shall take your kind advice.

We sail in a couple of weeks on Britannia,so let's hope there are a few spaces on Freedom or First.

Happy sailing all of you,kind regards.