Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sandpiper

Cps Parking At The Ocean Terminal

30 posts in this topic

All but one of our cruises have included flights rather than sailing from Southampton, so travel to B'ham International has been the usual trip for us. Our next cruise on the AZURA embarks from the Ocean Terminal at berth 46/47. We have parking booked with P&O's recommended parking company "CPS" and have been provided with windscreen stickers/copy invoice etc. Can anyone provide us with the procedure for unloading suit cases and then parking up the car with CPS. Does this involve having to carry heavy suitcases for any distance. Thanking you for any help you can provide.

HI Sandpiper

you arrive at the terminal and join one of the queues, they then call cars forward in batches and the porters meet you portside and unload your cases and after signing all the forms they drive your car away.  The car park is alongside the dock so when you disembark you get your keys from the hut and they direct you to your car.

To quote an annoying meerkat, Simples

Sandpiper likes this

All but one of our cruises have included flights rather than sailing from Southampton, so travel to B'ham International has been the usual trip for us. Our next cruise on the AZURA embarks from the Ocean Terminal at berth 46/47. We have parking booked with P&O's recommended parking company "CPS" and have been provided with windscreen stickers/copy invoice etc. Can anyone provide us with the procedure for unloading suit cases and then parking up the car with CPS. Does this involve having to carry heavy suitcases for any distance. Thanking you for any help you can provide.

Very simple just drive to ship CPS will unload boot suitcases will then be loaded on ship and left outside cabin door CPS will then give you receipt and drive car away. On return you pick up suitcases and exchange receipt for car keys then drive home. 

Sandpiper likes this

We arrived at the Port, joined a queue which was very well organised. You just keep moving in rows to where they take you baggage. We were shown where to park our car and parked it ourselves, just carried our hand luggage onboard. Car parks are very close to the ships.

....and no lifting involved by you. The Porter will take all your cases from your car boot onto his trolly, and wheel it to ship hole in the wall. Cases will be outside your cabin, after a few hours between 1-4pm, hopefully some of your cases will be with you from 2pm when you can start to unpack before sailaway.

We arrived at the Port, joined a queue which was very well organised. You just keep moving in rows to where they take you baggage. We were shown where to park our car and parked it ourselves, just carried our hand luggage onboard. Car parks are very close to the ships.

That procedure is only for short cruises where you park the car yourself on cruises 7days and longer they drive your car a way and park it for you.

....and no lifting involved by you. The Porter will take all your cases from your car boot onto his trolly, and wheel it to ship hole in the wall. Cases will be outside your cabin, after a few hours between 1-4pm, hopefully some of your cases will be with you from 2pm when you can start to unpack before sailaway.

More than happy to endorse Libralass's comment. Indeed, exactly the same procedure is followed at the Queen Elizabeth II Terminal when CPS are involved.

We departed Queen Elizabeth II Terminal on Queen Mary 2 last month and arrived back at Ocean Terminal. Our car was waiting at Ocean terminal car park. Retrieving the keys from the CPS booth was ultra efficient. 

Hi Sandpiper.

Just to amplify what has been said by other members...

10401879225_416c2b9e7b_z.jpg

You will be directed into one of the Ocean Terminal lanes shown above where the porters will take your suitcases. A representative of CPS will collect your car key and issue you with a small bar coded receipt.

That's it.

In the picture you can see the CPS drivers returning from transferring cars to the car park and ready to transfer the next batch.

Enjoy Azura, I have had two superb cruises on her.

Richard

Markri6 likes this

That procedure is only for short cruises where you park the car yourself on cruises 7days and longer they drive your car a way and park it for you.

They must have changed it then since we went in 2011, as we went for 14 nights but parked our own car.

They must have changed it then since we went in 2011, as we went for 14 nights but parked our own car.

We have never parked our own car and we have done over 20 cruises.

I have done many cruises and when I have used CPS, they have parked my car after the porters have unloaded my luggage, I am then given a receipt which I hand in on return to get my keys back.

On the other hand when sailing with Celebrity and using ABP to park, I park the car myself and they pick the luggage up from your car, with this option you take your keys away with you on your cruise.

Regards

Bryn.

I fully endorse comments regarding port side parking the convenience is worth the slightly higher charge. Only once have we used the off port car parking option due to traffic congestion the minibus was late picking my party up it took as long to get to the car park as it did to get home to wales.

Gareth :)

The only time we parked our car was with RCI,P&O all ways parked our car we have done many cruises with them,but going by Evasway in Sept first time we have done this we all ways drive down but doing 25 days and hubby not happy with parking that long bird poo and dirt,they use to have covers but have stopped that now..

We started using Parking4cruises about 3 years ago after a recommendation, with them you drop off the cases with a porter and take the car to the car park next to the ocean terminal.You pick up your car from the car park on return. We have found it as quick as CPS as you don't have to wait in the long queue to unload , and on return we were parked closer to terminal than the cars from CPS. The other advantage is they are about 33% cheaper than CPS. 

Using CPS at Southampton was a doddle.  Join the queue, fill in the paperwork, hand over the keys, walk about 10 yards, join the queue for the ship and hey presto!

Will use again next year.

Rob

once you hand over the keys they will give you a form that you will need to retieve your keys at the end of the cruise, my tip is to make a mental note of where you put this form, I didn't and ended up emptying several bags, a wallet and a purse only to find i had left it in my coat pocket, quite embarrasing as I had caused a queue to form :unsure: 

Using CPS at Southampton was a doddle.  Join the queue, fill in the paperwork, hand over the keys, walk about 10 yards, join the queue for the ship and hey presto!

Will use again next year.

Rob

Parking4 cruises is exactly the same but you meet in car park across the road so another 10yds to walk and is a lot cheaper than CPS.

Thanks everyone for your input. As indicated by you, the parking procedure at the Ocean Terminal was excellent and a complete hassle free experience. Best of all I qualified for free parking too.

Rest assured you do NOT park your own car. The label for the windscreen has not been sticky for a couple of years now so don't try attaching it as previously mentioned just leave it on top of dashboard. Pull up a porter takes your cases you get the receipt from the cps rep your car goes one way your luggage another and you and your hand luggage walk the last 50 yards to the terminal. On return when you find your luggage it may be best to get a porter to take your cases and walk with you to your car as sometimes it can be a little walk ( ours for some reason is always parked the furthest away possible perhaps they fed up with me lol). Enjoy Azura we sail out to the Caribbean on her in Oct can't wait

ron likes this

It's really easy. You arrive, unload the car and your luggage is taken away for you. Then they check your car over give you an identification ticket and drive the car away. No problem.

We are using CPS again next week.  They've been really good in the past but I find their directions confusing.  Can somebody tell me the postcode please so I can plug that into the satnav.