Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DavidH

Azamara Featured In New Tv Series

7 posts in this topic

Morning All,

Just checked email to find that Azamara are to feature in a new series on Watch TV presented by wildlife enthusiast and presenter, Nigel Marven.  It starts tomorrow, Tuesday 5 May at 8.00pm.  Watch can be found on Sky 109, BT Vision 407 and Virgin Media 124 or 191 HD.

Looks like it could be well worth "watch"ing.

Have a great day,

DavidH

wheels36 and Land Ahoy like this

Morning All,

Just checked email to find that Azamara are to feature in a new series on Watch TV presented by wildlife enthusiast and presenter, Nigel Marven.  It starts tomorrow, Tuesday 5 May at 8.00pm.  Watch can be found on Sky 109, BT Vision 407 and Virgin Media 124 or 191 HD.

Looks like it could be well worth "watch"ing.

Have a great day,

DavidH

Thanks for the tip David, I'll programme my BT Vision

DavidH likes this

Hi David H

I have watched the programme you highlighted and I enjoyed it although I wouldn't say it was unmissable.  Nigel Marven undertakes various excursions in the Caribbean while cruising around the islands on Azamara Quest.  A ship I would recommend if you appreciate great food and service but aren't looking for 24/7 entertainment. I have done a couple of the wild life events he undertook.  I have whale watched in Dominica and saw a mother and calf Humpback Whale as well as seeing the and Imperial Parrot in the Botanic Gardens which he did.  I have seen Humming Birds in the Caribbean but I don't which species and have seen iguanas in the Dutch Antilles.  I certainly haven't wrestled alligators in Florida - hat's off to the Captain for attempting this feat.  The trailer for the next involves the wild life in Northern Europe including otters which I had the pleasure of observing swimming in the Fjords.

DavidH likes this

Hi LA,

I pretty much agree with your overall assessment in terms of watchability.  We did find it a pleasant reminder of our time on board Azamara Journey (never having been on Quest) and the trailer hinted, certainly to my mind, that it is the Journey which will be featured in the next programme.  I am recording the series and expect to see all episodes.

Afternoon All,

My wife and I watched last night's episode which featured a cruise out of and back to Copenhagen on Azamara Journey.  It included visits to Geirangerfjord, Shetland Islands, Iceland (North & South) and the Faroe Islands.

I have to say I found it really interesting.  Nigel Marven's enthusiasm, both for the wonderful wildlife and for the whole cruise experience, is infectious.  It was also great to see some of the wonderful staff we remember so well from our trip on Azamara Journey (Dubai to Singapore) in November 2013, including Cruise Director extraordinaire, Eric DeGray.

Really looking forward to the remaining episodes.

wheels36 likes this