Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KJR

Junk Mail Via The Post From Bolsover

26 posts in this topic

I have just returned from a 6 week cruise on Cunard to find over 25 pieces of Junk mail on my mat from Bolsover.

I am told this is to inform us of special offers and can be removed for the mailing list!

Personally I think this is excessive and having worked in marketing for a number of years, surely the marketing department could target their customers better?

I phoned Bolsover today to challenge the amount of junk mail I received and when the person was asked why they do this, the answer was their Managing Director asked them to do this!!!

It that all.? 

I thought you said you were away for 6 weeks?

I get at least 25 per week, but, unlike you I actually like having all this info direct to my door as it makes for a more informative decision when booking my next cruise!

If you don't get all the different offers then you will never know what is out there unless you want to spend hours trawling through the millions of operator websites!

im sure ive heard bolsover can hold the mailings if you are going to be away for a long period of time so you dont get them while you are away

I have just returned from a 6 week cruise on Cunard to find over 25 pieces of Junk mail on my mat from Bolsover.

I am told this is to inform us of special offers and can be removed for the mailing list!

Personally I think this is excessive and having worked in marketing for a number of years, surely the marketing department could target their customers better?

I phoned Bolsover today to challenge the amount of junk mail I received and when the person was asked why they do this, the answer was their Managing Director asked them to do this!!!

I had the mail stopped because I thought that the offers were generally on cruises that were not selling so well, and would probably be reduced in price at a later date.

Happy to have e mails though as they can be read and deleted so much faster.

The 'marketing' must work otherwise it wouldnt be profitable for them to do it having been a member for years it has been like this since i joined? If you only cruise once a year you might be better going down to the email. quite happy i recieved some details about MSC this week it did make a change.

I phoned and spoke to a very nice lady and informed her I was unlikely to cruise for the next couple of years due to more pressing use of my limited funds.

Guess what happened....yep you got it..I get mail for cruises late 2016-2017.....

Popsicle and AFC04/03 like this

I agree that we are receiving an excessive number of posted items from Bolsover. This has got much worse during the last few months.

I would be more than happy to just receive emails, as I do from other companies. It would save Bolsover money and make the postman's bag much lighter for him to carry.

Please Bolsover reduce the burden.

im sure they would take you off the mailings through the post if you rang and asked them? they cant do it by people moaning about it on here, how do they know where you live?

ALI is absolutely right. If you give Bolsover a call they will take you off the mailing list and go through the options with you as to whether you prefer to receive just emails or the magazine, or nothing at all. I did this last year with them as we were not planning to cruise at the time and asked for just emails. It was done straightaway and sorted. Obviously the mailing marketing is working for them otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it. Many people probably like it and that's why they continue to do it. Just give them a call and they will take care of it for you.

ron likes this

At least the mailings have some value, junk mail for me was the amount of Election mail hitting my door mat which we were bombarded with from 4 places daily (I would have thought the amount of election material you must have received would outweigh the rest of your post altogether), I am sure for some customers of Bolsover they would complain if nothing was sent at all. I think you may have been best to ask them to put a temporary hold whilst being lucky enough to be away for such a long time. I'm sure this could have been accomodated

J-Dog likes this

As mention in the above comments I am sure that Bolsover wouldnt send all these mailings out if it wasnt profitable for them. Not everyone does have access to the inernet. My friend though did ask them to remove them from the postal mailings and asked for them to just send her offers by email and Bolsover were more than happy to do this for her.

Maddie3 likes this

I asked to just receive them online and within 2 weeks all post stopped! it was a quick phone call like Ali said theres no point moaning about it and not just giving them a call! Some people like mailings some dont thats why they give you the choice!

We don't get all that much and feel that it must be saving companies money if they don't sent out junk mail.

Junk mail goes straight into the recycling bin

I assume that Bolsover's excellent magazine 'Into the Blue' isn't included in the generalisation 'Junk Mail".

I think its excellent.

Maddie3 likes this

I do quite like information I get through the post, however yes sometimes it can get abit too much, but like everybody has said either call them and they will stop all mailings, or they can just send them via email. or you can hold the mailings too for however long if you cant travel but a few months or so. most people do like the different mailings as they are some really good offers and Bolsover don't want you missing out on anything!!

I asked to come off their mailing list with the exception of the magazine. Junk mail does not have any influence on what cruises I book, when I take them or where I cruise to. I know what I want, check various sites and book with those offering the best deal which recently has been Bolsover. However you can't beat booking on board. Saved over £2,000 on our next RCI cruise on Ovation, Barcelona-Dubai plus OBC and the American price promise, if it goes down you get a refund something Britisg agents won't do.

Give Bolsover a call if you don't want to receive the mailings no more as I’m sure they'll be more than happy to take you off their database. Sometimes it can be too much, but I’d rather receive all their mailings than miss out on a good deal.