Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lynnandgeoff

Iceland Cruise

7 posts in this topic

hi we are going on a cruise to Iceland, Ireland, Faroe and Orkneys and wondered if anyone can give us some advice on trips etc and how accessible the stops are? For example in Ireland we stop at killybegs and wild like to go to Donegal does anyone know if there is a bus etc or is it best to book the p&o coach for £25 each to get there? Also what is there to do in Isafjordur, Iceland any suggestions? Thanks

i am surprised that no one has replied to your request for information. we are on the same cruise and like you was hoping for some

info. perhaps it is not too late for someone to reply.

hi we are going on a cruise to Iceland, Ireland, Faroe and Orkneys and wondered if anyone can give us some advice on trips etc and how accessible the stops are? For example in Ireland we stop at killybegs and wild like to go to Donegal does anyone know if there is a bus etc or is it best to book the p&o coach for £25 each to get there? Also what is there to do in Isafjordur, Iceland any suggestions? Thanks

i am surprised that no one has replied to your request for information. we are on the same cruise and like you was hoping for some

info. perhaps it is not too late for someone to reply.

Firstly then my apologies. For some reason I missed this thread, probably due to it being started over a weekend when I am usually otherwise occupied.

Last June my wife and I did a similar itinerary on Celebrity Infinity and it was excellent...

14586649304_866f8a9af0_z.jpg

We had an overnight in Iceland's Capital, Reykjavik. We took an excursion to visit what is called The Golden Triangle which included the Icelandic Geysers...

14425153460_d57527fd60_z.jpg

Reykjavik itself is a great visit. Get up early to be first, or thereabouts, in the queue for the Hallgrims Kirkja Tower...

14608518821_6b59662463_z.jpg

where the view is amazing...

14425274588_503d7ed476_z.jpg

DavidH likes this

Torshavn in the Faroes is also a good visit and there are some excellent coastal walks with great scenery to be found there. Torshavn itself is a very pretty town...

14609674864_c628b78873_z.jpg

I have sent you each a link with further personal information on the itinerary.

Please feel free to ask any other questions on the open forum.

DavidH likes this

Regarding Orkney ( or Orkney Isles, Orkney Islands but not Orkneys!) it's obviously not as nice as here but still quite pleasant! What do you like to do and do you prefer to do your own thing or go on a tour?

For Neolithic sites there's Skara Brae, Ring of Brodgar, Standing Stones at Stenness, and Maeshowe. If more recent events are more your thing then the Churchill barriers, Scapa Flow, and the Italian Chapel, are all interesting.

If you let me know what sort of day you would like to have then I'll post some more specific suggestions.

DavidH likes this

I hope that you managed to catch thus week's episode of Nigel Marven's Cruise Ship Adventure.

http://www.bolsovercruiseclub.com/forum/topic/2868-azamara-featured-in-new-tv-series/

DavidH likes this

Apologies as my query stems a little off topic as it refers to a land-based holiday. I'd love to visit Reykjavik, it's a place both my wife and I really want to visit. We have a little girl so getting time away to ourselves is difficult, not that we'd have it any other way but we are looking to visit here for a long weekend next year. Can anyone recommend hotels, packages etc for us to look at?