Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seawitch

Buying Obc Etc

4 posts in this topic

A tip to save a little cash.I have just preloaded our onboard account for next months cruise with $500 which cost £300. This is a better exchange rate than anywhere else and as our bank also charges 2% for currency exchange this makes it quite a good buy. Drinks packages can also be bought in GBP prior to the cruise and at £3.11 a day for unlimited coke etc (P&O charged us £2.50 a glass last October) a bargain . I usually have the soft drinks package at £4.83 a day for all non alcoholic drinks as i enjoy the mocktails , shakes and the occasional hot choc. The G&T price is automatically reduced too as you don't pay for the tonic. 

DavidH likes this

I'm not sure this is available with P&O but would certainly be a good idea. With the large amounts of OBS that has been offered I am not sure that I would need to top this up but I hadn't realised you would not be charged for the T in a G&T

good advice seawitch, some of the drinks packages are excellent value, even down to the coffee card on princess which was  great for the cooler days on my adventures north!!

A tip to save a little cash.I have just preloaded our onboard account for next months cruise with $500 which cost £300. This is a better exchange rate than anywhere else and as our bank also charges 2% for currency exchange this makes it quite a good buy. Drinks packages can also be bought in GBP prior to the cruise and at £3.11 a day for unlimited coke etc (P&O charged us £2.50 a glass last October) a bargain . I usually have the soft drinks package at £4.83 a day for all non alcoholic drinks as i enjoy the mocktails , shakes and the occasional hot choc. The G&T price is automatically reduced too as you don't pay for the tonic. 

Looks like a pretty good deal to me. At Today's rate you see a profit of £22.58.

As this is in the Princess Cruises I take it that Princess were offering the deal.

Sadly Cunard withdrew a similar deal some years ago. It was being abused by one or two who didn't spend all their OBC and  wanted a better conversion rate on the way back.