Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MalcolmAinscough

Iceland - Not The Frozen Food Shop!

5 posts in this topic

My wife and I are interested to know of people's views on Cruises to Iceland, especially with Celebrity. We have seen one in May 2016 and are wondering how good it may be. Is the weather awful in May? Are there interesting places to visit for 2 x 60ish folk?

Please let me know soon of you can offer your views.

Many thanks.

Malcolm and Cathryn 

Welcome to the forum Malcolm & Cathryn. Never been to Iceland so can't help you there but I can tell you a sign of old age creeping up - I can't read this font on a small device & have to expand it!

My wife and I are interested to know of people's views on Cruises to Iceland, especially with Celebrity. We have seen one in May 2016 and are wondering how good it may be. Is the weather awful in May? Are there interesting places to visit for 2 x 60ish folk?

Please let me know soon of you can offer your views.

Many thanks.

Malcolm and Cathryn 

Good morning Malcolm and Cathryn.

I can give you a first hand report having done Iceland on board Celebrity Infinity last June.

As regards weather I would expect, as your proposed cruise is only a few weeks before ours was, that the weather will be fine.

We had an overnight in Reykjavik which was great. It gave us the opportunity to do the all day excursion on what is called 'The golden Circle Tour'. One highlight of this particular tour was a visit to the famous Icelandic Geysers...

14425153460_d57527fd60_z.jpg

...while the next day we concentrated on Reykjavik itself...

14608518821_6b59662463_z.jpg 

That is Hallgrims Kirkja and this is the view from the top...

14425274588_503d7ed476_z.jpg

Hope that helps.

As regards your question on age, no problem whatsoever. Reykjavik is both interesting and easy to do. Depending on your mobility of course but there are shuttle busses from the ship to the city centre: though I walked to get in there early.

Hi We can recommend Iceland.  We sailed around Iceland with several stops on Arcadia.  The blue lagoon was a great experience and a trip called ice and fire was like going to another planet, most interesting.  The stops on the north of the island were small towns but still very interesting.  We went in July and found the weather sunny but when we went on a trip to the centre of Iceland it was very cold and was glad I had took  a coat and gloves, still snow on the mountains  Everywhere on Iceland was clean and beautiful to see. It was a really different holiday from the norm and we enjoyed it all.