Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hturtle

Take That In Concert

14 posts in this topic

I am not ashamed to say I went to see Take That in concert last night in Manchester.  They were amazing and put on a superb show, few shots of the boys attached

post-26-0-55373800-1432720954_thumb.jpg

post-26-0-80877200-1432720955_thumb.jpg

post-26-0-40076400-1432720957_thumb.jpg

post-26-0-95744600-1432720958_thumb.jpg

wheels36 likes this

Hi  I glad you enjoyed the concert.  It's good to hear that members of the public are fair minded and that they don't have any grudges against these tax avoiders and are willing to put their hands in their pockets to pay the tax for these wealthy performers.

I am not ashamed to say I went to see Take That in concert last night in Manchester.  They were amazing and put on a superb show, few shots of the boys attached

No harm or shame in that hturtle you are only as old as you feel glad you enjoyed the showwink.png

Hi  I glad you enjoyed the concert.  It's good to hear that members of the public are fair minded and don't that they don't any grudges against these tax avoiders and are willing to put their hands in their pockets to pay the tax for these wealthy performers.

I would have thought there were a lot of Bankers and international companies way above Take That, to moan about first.wink.png

Land Ahoy, hturtle and JH327 like this

Hi  I agree many of these should be held at Her Majesty's Pleasure but like many powerful people (Paedophile MP's etc) they appear to be above the law.

ron likes this

Thank you for the pics - I'm going to see them in Sheffield next Tuesday (2 June). I've loved them from the beginning and have seen them in concert before and they always put on a fabulous memorable show. Regarding the tax thing, there is a difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. Not saying I agree with it, but tax avoidance is not illegal.

Thank you for the pics - I'm going to see them in Sheffield next Tuesday (2 June). I've loved them from the beginning and have seen them in concert before and they always put on a fabulous memorable show. Regarding the tax thing, there is a difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion. Not saying I agree with it, but tax avoidance is not illegal.

HI  Gary Barlow did have to pay the tax back, the scheme he and others used was deemed illegal.

Indeed Land Ahoy, but I am not sure that they knowingly knew that the loophole, exploited by their representatives, was illegal. Lots of people were suckered into thinking that it was a legal loophole. #eggonface

HI  I can't say who's fault it was but Jason Orange a fellow band did not try to use this scheme to off set his tax bill but ultimately it his responsibility for submitting an accurate tax return.  He could have decided to air on the side of caution rather than chose to this dodgy illegal scheme.  If you are cynical you could say it's pure greed.

HI  Gary Barlow did have to pay the tax back, the scheme he and others used was deemed illegal.

Some schemes are illegal in that they cross the legal line, but the actions of HMRC can be equally reprehensible.

In the case of "Arctic Systems" where the "Revenue" foolishly pursued a "gift" within a marriage, they failed to win the case in the "Appeal Court".

With incredible arrogance they thought that they knew better than the "learned" Appeal Court judges and pursued the case to the "House of Lords" (at the taxpayers expense), to receive a 5-0 humiliation verdict.

Of course being public servants no one within HMRC lost their jobs.

Fudge likes this