Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loub

Holland America Ryndam

11 posts in this topic

We have also cruised on Ryndam as a family of 4. We enjoyed Ryndam and HAL. Some thoughts:

- unlimited laundry was $7 per cabin per day; we had a few days in Athens before the start of the cruise and this was great!

- we had two meas in the Pinnacle Grill; children under 12 were free and over 12 half price I believe.

- the ship seemed very uncrowded and I enjoyed the Lido for once!

- there was only a few children on board, but our boys who were 9 and 5 really enjoyed the ship and Club HAL.

- You can borrow games as well as books from the library which our boys also enjoyed.

- the crew show was really good.

All in all we enjoyed the experience and are sailing again with HAL this summer. If you have any particular queries or let me know what sorts of things are of interest I shall try to be more specific.

Have a great cruise!

Hi loub, I last cruised with Holland America in 2011 but it was aboard Nieuw Amsterdam and not the Ryndam. I found the cruise line very enjoyable. One piece of advice I would give which I see Shetlander has also mentioned above is the Pinnacle Grill. Make sure you book this restaurant as it's excellent and worth the extra. On board Nieuw Amsterdam the food was very good and I would definitely cruise with them again.

We've cruised on the Ryndam and a few other 'dam' ships. We always found the service on HAL ships exceptional and the food very good. We especially like the sliding dome lido pool.

We agree with the other posters on the Pinnacle Grill. Try it you will like it!

I've been on 6 HAL ships in all, including Ryndam. The HAL onboard service and friendliness is faultless in my opinion.

For a lighter family Italian meal, Canaletto up in the Lido in the evenings can also make a change at US$10 per diner.

Food in the MDRs is always of a very good quality indeed.

Have a great cruise!

PS Enjoy MS Ryndam whilst you may, I'm told she is on her way down to join the P&O Australia fleet later in the year!

JH327 likes this

Thanks for that Shetlander, I thought so too?

Your tactful reply is appreciated.

I'm still feeling my way into this site, and for some strange reason cannot see/fathom what the original posting dates are/were, which makes answering/responding risky, or frankly difficult at times.

Thanks again!

Shetlander likes this

The original post was June 2015. If you click on the persons name on any post then the posting date will come up.

Brian

Gotcha!

Many thanks indeed, for the 'tip'