Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ijfraser

River Douro

4 posts in this topic

Just back from a fabulous cruise on Viking Torgil. Weather 29-30c no rain . Fabulous crew and beautiful river valley every thing so quiet when sailing you could hear the birds singing alone the river bank.

That was our second Viking cruise and already looking to next year.

After sailing with ocean ships I think we well stay with Viking and forgo the big ships.

Ian 

This was a topic of conversation on the forum that I got involved in the other day ijfraser. Glad you had a good time on your holiday. We were discussing the best river cruise line for first timers. Viking is a brand that continues to pop up all over the place and I always seem to read good reviews. How would you compare the accommodation and dining to that of ocean ships? Not in terms of size but quality I mean.

Just back from a fabulous cruise on Viking Torgil. Weather 29-30c no rain . Fabulous crew and beautiful river valley every thing so quiet when sailing you could hear the birds singing alone the river bank.

That was our second Viking cruise and already looking to next year.

After sailing with ocean ships I think we well stay with Viking and forgo the big ships.

Ian 

How interesting ijfraser.

We cruised the Douro on the Torgil's sister ship, Viking Hemming last July and also had an outstanding holiday.

Like you, we have booked another for this year - their vouchers and past passenger incentives are very good.

I'll bet you loved the Palace Mateus...

14790234101_68aba61370_z.jpg

PS. I did a little Photoshop for a comparison with the bottle...

14791006294_0f947b680b_z.jpg

I would favourably compare anything on Viking with any ship I have been on. Almost 30 cruises from Canberra to Azura.

The whole ambiance is so much more relaxed.

No airline style security getting on or off. The Mateus tour for example they spit us into groups off 10 instead off trying to get every one through as one group things like that make a huge difference. Cold drinks and refreshing towels on return from trips etc.

I could  go on but I think you will get the picture

Ian

DavidH likes this