Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TomYoungs

Drinks Prices On Ventura

14 posts in this topic

Whilst on board ventura last week we found some old reciepts in our cases from a cruise we did in 2009. It was interesting as clearly some drinks particularly bottled beer had gone up in price by about 30 pence but then the shorts had not. Also soft drinks prices had gone up too. So I guess it depends on what you drink?

Yes i drink mostly soft drinks and typical day on Ventura comes to about £20 -compare to $7.50 +15% with Princess.

Has everyone on this forum Just come back from the Ventua Med cruise?

I have just returned from Ventura ( sat ) the biggest increase we noticed was wine this has gone up quite a lot, The funny thing about this is they had an interview onboard with Olly Smith the wine expert who put together P&O's wine selection. which are quite pricy, during the interview he toid the interviewer that you can get very good quality wine's from TESCO ASDA & MORRISON's for about £6-00. a bit of an own goal considering P&O were on average charging £ 15 to £20 per bottle but apart from that GREAT CRUISE.

we noticed that drinks prices had gone up slightly but not on everything.  Bottled beer seems to be the main thing which has gone up but they have now got wine packages for the restaurants and also a soft drink package which saved us a fortune

there are different wine packages depending on what suits you.  red/white wine packages, captains collection and commodore collection.  the packages were in 6,9 or 12 bottles of wine and you could get up to 15% off buying it as a package rather than the individual bottles.  we did the 12 bottle captains collection which i think worked out about £175.  We purchased the package from the wine waiter and they give you a voucher booklet.  Each time we wanted a bottle of wine we choose the wine from the captains collection wine list and then the wine waiter went to fetch it.  It was well worth doing

Drinks prices on P&O are comparable with any UK pub and in my opinion are quite reasonable considering we are a captive audience.  Beers on Ventura last week were about £3.75 a pint (Stella / Carling / Speckled Hen) and about £3.50 for bottles. 

Wines slightly pricey particularly when bought by the glass. 

Also there is the Peninsular Club discount for those who qualify thus reducing the price by up to 10%

I don think you can on p&O they may offer things live wine packages when the shore excursion brochures come through but no sort of inclusive package at present, at least they still dont add a 15% service charge like some of the american brands

I really think that those who are complaining about wine prices on P&O don't get out very much. You cannot expect prices in a bar or restaurant to compare with those in supermarkets.

When compared with other cruiselines P&O's wine prices are very reasonable.

However, I would not bother with wine packages - there is always one in there that I don't fancy.

RayO