Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fuzzyimage44

Getting To Sorento Oh Your Own

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Will you be docking in Naples? If so Sorrento is a fair drive from there and the traffic is totally mental so if I was given the option of a excursion I would take it.

Sorrento is a nice little town that has little squares with cafes and restaurants and narrow streets where shops have their goods outside on he street. They are well known for selling items of the the wood craft Maqquetary and have great ice cream and also sell Limoncello the lemon liqueur.

I like Sorrento (spent a week there) but if you have the chance to go to Capri that would be my excursion of choice it is a beautiful little island with stunning views and a lovley ambiance (and I tasted the best pizza I have ever had in my life from a tiny bakers shop) I would love to go there again.

Others may know if there are cheaper organised trips than the ship may offer but I certainly would think twice about doing it under your own steam.

Regards

GiGi

Its very easy!!! When you leave the cruise terminal at Naples you walk about 5mins to the ferry terminal & here you can buy tkts for Sorrento or Capri. The ferry is not too regular for Sorrento so we were advised to get the early crossing at 9am as it was a couple of hours till the ext one and as you have to book the return you need to make sure you are back in time for the cruise leaving. I cant remember how much it was however it was alot cheaper than an excursion and the journey time was around 45 mins.  

Or failing that I believe from Naples there is a train service which goes around the bay to Sorrento, I would say though that the ferry from Naples via Capri is probably the better option