Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buddy

What To Do In Kotor If You Have Limited Mobility?

10 posts in this topic

Has anybody been to Kotor??

I'm calling here in July and the reviews are amazing however it mentions walks around the old town, cobbled streets etc... but I'm travelling with someone with limited walking

mobilty who also hates car journeys!!!

Does anyone know if the walk to the old town is long or steep?

is there an open top bus that offers a hop on hop off service??

Been to Kotor twice, on Celebrity Equinox and P&O Ventura. Both times we had to tender ashore as it is a tiny quay. Small ships can dock. The Old Town is directly across the road from the quayside. From what I remember, I don't think it was cobbled streets everywhere, the main square ground is brick effect.

as kite63 says the old town is literally accross the road from where we got off the tender, i dont remeber seeing any hop on/off bus style excursions but could be wrong.

Hi I think Kotor is one of the better ports I have visited.  Get up early and enjoy the great views of the Montenegro Fjords as you sail up to the port.  I have been twice and on both occasions were berthed at the dock, both times with Azamara these are small ships while the larger ships had tenders to take people ashore.  The old walled town is only a short walk from the pier.  The medieval buildings are really quite scenic and for most parts flat, you could go up higher but you don't need to.  HOHO buses are available but I didn't use them (traffic is banned from the old walled town so you would have a walking tour) but see areas further afield.  I just ambled around and ate a local restaurant in one of the main squares, a tasty rustic stew and excellent value for money.

I posted some photos when we climbed the city walls.  The old town itself is very attractive with plenty of bars / restaurants.  It's a nice place for a bit of a wander around so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

We were in Kotor in May. Opposite the ship there is a lift that takes you to the town. A.sort walk on level surface takes you into the square. There fare narrow streets with shops but they can be a bit steep. My husband has trouble walking and we did manage to get around. It is pretty place but if you donot fancy going into the town maybe an excursion is for you.

Whilst looking for something else I've just come across a leaflet I was given for the HoHo bus in Kotor!

The bus goes from Kotor to Risan via Bajova kula and Perast.  It also included a ticket for the Roman Mosaics (not sure whether they are), a ticket for the Museum of Town of Perast, and (as LA suggested) a guided walking tour of Kotor itself.

You might also find some information here

http://www.kotor.montenegro.travel/en

Has anybody been to Kotor??

I'm calling here in July and the reviews are amazing however it mentions walks around the old town, cobbled streets etc... but I'm travelling with someone with limited walking

mobilty who also hates car journeys!!!

Does anyone know if the walk to the old town is long or steep?

is there an open top bus that offers a hop on hop off service??

Hi buddy,

My wife and I spent an enjoyable 2 weeks in a villa in the Bay of Kotor area in October last year. Yes, as has been said, Kotor itself is a great place to visit and not difficult to access from the quayside but, if your companion fancies something a little different with virtually no walking and no car, may I suggest you take a local boat trip to Perast. There you will find several very acceptable restaurants right down on the quayside, with superb views across the bay to the narrowest point of the bottleneck through which your ship will have passed. We had lunch there in our first week and enjoyed it so much we re-visited the following week when our daughter had joined us.