Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harley1

Cabins Above The Theatre? Are They Noisy?

11 posts in this topic

just a question guys has anyone had a cbain above/below the theatre? just wanted to know if they might be noisy? we always seem to be at the back so i dont know?

Yes and yes they can be..remember they have to rehearse even though a show may not be scheduled for that evening.

And acts flown on and off ships at different points normally have to go through a sound check.

Personally I wouldn't book a cabin above or below any public facility if at all possible.

Also cabins next to service stairwells are a no-no for me..they can be very noisy early mornings and late afternoons as stewards maintain their staterooms at these times.

My last hate is adjoining cabins...had one once and the noise form next door was awful..the old dears that had it were hard of hearing and had the telly on at all hours of the day and night at full blast.

Well not many left to choose from then.

Rodger.

Hi Rodger

Hope you are well?

In answer to that I would say it depends on the size of the ship that you travel on.

If it's one of the mega ships then there's plenty of choice...and limited on smaller ships.

But of course by doing my research before I cruise I'm not usually one of those that comes back and complains afterwards.

Why give someone else the opportunity of ruining it?

Never had a bad cruise yet.

ive been on one of the midsized ships with a cabin adjacent to the theatre, it didnt cause me any bother whatsever, but then again I dont go back to my cabin for an afternoon nap during rehearsals and Im usually out enjoying myself at show time, the only time I think it could bother you is if you are early to bed each evening.

Solution - have another G & T

thanks guys thats really helpful! i suppose i agree with cruise chef, im usually at the shows or out and about in the day time so i dont think it would bother me

.... and usually full of G&T! lol

ive been on one of the midsized ships with a cabin adjacent to the theatre, it didnt cause me any bother whatsever, but then again I dont go back to my cabin for an afternoon nap during rehearsals and Im usually out enjoying myself at show time, the only time I think it could bother you is if you are early to bed each evening.

Solution - have another G & T

Could not agree more cruise chef smile.png

I was a bit unsure being above the theatre on Ventura, but logic says you won't be there when any noise might happen and we didn't notice anything at all.

We had a stateroom on Queen Victoria above the theatre and it didnt really bother us once or twice we were back in stateroom at about 5ish and we heard rehearsels with regards to the shows at night we always go to the late show anyway so didnt really affect us. Wouldnt have complained anyway because we had booked a Saver fare so had no choice in picking stateroom.