Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shirvic

Too Few Seats

9 posts in this topic

I recently returned from a cruise on the Caribbean Princess.  The grumble I heard most was "not enough seats for the passengers" at the theatre, explorers lounge shows, on the promenade deck, at the buffet at busy times.  Perhaps too many passengers on the ship!.  I understand it was fully booked.

Anyone else with the same grumble.?

I shall keep to mid size ships or small ships in the future.   I never had the same on the Ocean Princess or the Pacific Princess.  I could always find a seat.

shipahoy45 likes this

I always find Celebrity to be better for passenger/space ratio. they always seem to have really though about where to put seats/theatres/shops/bars etc . . .

we never have an issue getting a seat

just recently came off anthem of the seas which is bigger than caribbean princess taking a lot more passengers, always found a seat wherever wether it was theatre, deck, show lounges, cafe, restaurants, the design of the ship was amazing, so well thought out, I dont think the size is so much the issue, but the design and use of the space

harley1 likes this

I do not think that the theatres or other facilities should be designed for peak situations, otherwise the bars would have to be enormous when Manchester United were playing.

Also could be that the theatre exceeded expectations due to a good show being put on.

Doubt that anyone would have much trouble getting a seat when the show is a "tribute act".

We have never struggled to find a seat anywhere on Caribbean Princess and when we have done maiden cruises on Aurora and Arcadia the biggest complaint was "there are not enough seats in the theatre and show lounge" people used to miss their dessert and coffee to get a seat at 8-30 in the theatre on Aurora. Most common statement was " it was not like this on Canberra", personally I just think love to go on cruises just to find something to moan about and they make sure they find something.

I do not think that the theatres or other facilities should be designed for peak situations, otherwise the bars would have to be enormous when Manchester United were playing.

Also could be that the theatre exceeded expectations due to a good show being put on.

Doubt that anyone would have much trouble getting a seat when the show is a "tribute act".

You obviously have never seen Steve Larkin (Mercury Rising) whenever he is on a P&O ship the show lounge is packed out and standing room only. He is that popular when he was on Princess they put him on in the theatre and that was full.

ron likes this

You obviously have never seen Steve Larkin (Mercury Rising) whenever he is on a P&O ship the show lounge is packed out and standing room only. He is that popular when he was on Princess they put him on in the theatre and that was full.

Will have to put "Mercury Rising" at the top of my "must see tribute acts list".