Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Solent Richard

Armed Forces Additional On Board Credit

16 posts in this topic

Are you serving with the UK Armed Forces are are you retired having served?

If so, did you know that both P&O and Cunard offer additional On Board Credit to passengers who qualify as serving or retired members of the Armed Forces.

The process is very easy once you, a spouse, or a partner who has served, applies for  Defence Discount Service membership and once subscribed they issue you with the Defence Privilege Card...

18889136100_6532aac39d_z.jpg

It is run by an arm of the MOD and application and further information can be gleaned from...

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk

In full, it is available to:-

- Serving Armed Forces 
- Reserve Forces 
- Veterans 
- MOD Civil Servants 
- Cadet Forces (over 16) 
- Spouses/Partners (of currently serving) 
- NATO Personnel serving in the UK

And what's more, there are discounts to be had with the card well beyond the cruise companies mentioned.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm pleased to hear this thread is being read by the broader public.

I received a notification from a non-member as to its advantage.

Thank you. I ask because my daughter's partner is a Flt Lt with the Air Cadets and as such she is entitled to use this discount card. We have a spa break booked but because the package is classed as a special offer, the spa are refusing to implement this additional discount. She is not very happy.

It must be pointed out that the Defence Discount Card is no longer accepted as proof of service.  The only proof now accepted is an ID Card for serving personnel or discharge papers for veterans.

From P&O Site:

Please make sure you take the below with you on board your cruise:
•Identification for serving personnel official military ID card
•Proof of service issued by the MOD for retired personnel (MOD will issue retired personnel with discharge papers which is fine for you to take as a form of ID)

Thanks to everyone for all this information. My husband is ex RAF and we are trying to get the extra credit for our next P and O cruise. Just wished I had known about it before as we sail with them at least twice a year. Love the forum. Everyone is so helpful!

I spoke with P&O who informed me that my RMPA membership card with photograph together with original membership card signed with army number will be sufficient as not everyone still have their discharge papers after 45 years