Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RiverSong

Has Anyone Ever Cruised With Amawaterways?

15 posts in this topic

Need some advice from the forum.  My Aunt has been toying with the idea of a river cruise for a while now, we have all seen the adverts on Viking but she has found one that she really likes the look of with a company call AmaWaterway but we know very little about them.  She’s called Bolsover and they do feature them so we know they’ll be a high standard, it's just the price is really good, in fact excellent value!

So after any feedback from anyone that has been on AmaWaterways or even advice, tips and tricks on river cruises would be a massive help.

Friends of mine have just booked with Ama Waterways. They also found the prices to be a lot lower than their competitors. I believe they have 18 ships and were founded in 2002 with their HQ in California. They are certainly a common site on the rivers of Europe and personally I have only ever heard of good experiences.

RiverSong likes this

Friends of mine have just booked with Ama Waterways. They also found the prices to be a lot lower than their competitors. I believe they have 18 ships and were founded in 2002 with their HQ in California. They are certainly a common site on the rivers of Europe and personally I have only ever heard of good experiences.

Thank you smile.png, looking at the web site and speaking to Bolsover they sound just what she is looking for

I’ve never cruised with AmaWaterways but have only ever heard good experiences. Have you seen the blog post from Bolsover today?

http://www.bolsovercruiseclub.com/blog/2015/06/24/37388-african-adventures-aboard-the-zambezi-queen/

This ship looks just incredible! It may not be what your Aunty is looking for but AmaWaterways incorporate a four night stay aboard Zambezi Queen!

The pictures are excellent Cast ashore and certainly give that upmarket look to it. If anyone wants a true 5 star experience on a river cruise try Scenic. I was on the pre official launch cruise earlier this year and it really was a wonderful experience. Every cabin has a butler and the food was a delight.

DavidH and RiverSong like this

It's amazing how far river cruising has come in what seems such a short space of time. This time last year I was aware of one river cruise company and that was Viking. Wherever I looked it was Viking River Cruises and yet now there seems to be more and more competition popping up. Obviously a good thing for us as it competition hopefully leads to keeping the cruise lines on their toes. Ama do look very nice but I hadn't heard of Scenic until your post OWT, they also sound lovely.

RiverSong likes this

I’ve never cruised with AmaWaterways but have only ever heard good experiences. Have you seen the blog post from Bolsover today?

http://www.bolsovercruiseclub.com/blog/2015/06/24/37388-african-adventures-aboard-the-zambezi-queen/

This ship looks just incredible! It may not be what your Aunty is looking for but AmaWaterways incorporate a four night stay aboard Zambezi Queen!

Thank you, do you think they did this today just for me biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

The pictures are excellent Cast ashore and certainly give that upmarket look to it. If anyone wants a true 5 star experience on a river cruise try Scenic. I was on the pre official launch cruise earlier this year and it really was a wonderful experience. Every cabin has a butler and the food was a delight.

Must admit, I've deliberately been avoiding mentioning Scenic until now for fear of a rush of interest increasing prices. Not yet cruised with them but it's only a matter of time (and pension drawdown) as we had a superb experience of their top quality organisation on a 4 week land tour of Australia last year. Australia is where Scenic Tours started out and I believe what is now Scenic still retain their company base there.
Oldworldtraveller likes this

Need some advice from the forum.  My Aunt has been toying with the idea of a river cruise for a while now, we have all seen the adverts on Viking but she has found one that she really likes the look of with a company call AmaWaterway but we know very little about them.  She’s called Bolsover and they do feature them so we know they’ll be a high standard, it's just the price is really good, in fact excellent value!

So after any feedback from anyone that has been on AmaWaterways or even advice, tips and tricks on river cruises would be a massive help.

Good morning RiverSong.

Hopefully I can help. I did a Mekong River cruise last November on one of Amawaterways river boats. It was, I understand, chartered by an Australian Company called APT...

16182574402_eeaa33bc20_z.jpg

It was excellent though of course there is a little difference between European river cruising and Far Eastern river cruising.

Hope that helps, I have sent you a pm with another snippet.

RiverSong likes this

I should have added to the above, the difference is of course down to the design and decor of the ships vis-a-vis Europe and the Far East.

And of course the food...

16183431071_1f56f4799d_z.jpg

RiverSong likes this

I have just had a quick look on thier website, they do look very good! And they seem to include a lot too, makes it really good value. I have so much on my bucket list its becoming a barrel laugh.png

Maybe a little late for this reply.

Did the 'Romantic Danube' on the Ama Serena last year. We have been 16 ocean cruises but did not know what to expect on a river cruise.

Could not fault it. Everything was beyond our expectations, the ship, the food, the excursions and all the staff.

Looking forward to our next river cruise.