Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wanderlust

Can I Take Alcohol With Me Onboard?

10 posts in this topic

It depends on the Cruise Line you are travelling with.  I have brought my own on board P&O in the past, so I know they allow you to take a small amount for use in your cabin, if you want to drink your own wine in the restaurant or other bars they charge a “Corkage” of approx. £15.00.  Fred Olsen are a lot stricter and have been known to take it off passengers at embarkation.

It depends on the Cruise Line you are travelling with.  I have brought my own on board P&O in the past, so I know they allow you to take a small amount for use in your cabin, if you want to drink your own wine in the restaurant or other bars they charge a “Corkage” of approx. £15.00.  Fred Olsen are a lot and have been known to take it off passengers at embarkation.

Hi  I agree with your point that Fred Olsen do not allow passengers to take their own alcohol on board their ships but as they have an all inclusive deal of only £10 per day why would anybody need tobiggrin.png biggrin.png

wanderlust likes this

Fred Olsen's drinks package sounds fantastic value! definitely no need to take your own onboard. I was wondering about Royal Caribbean, I am going on for a short weekend cruise in August for my anniversary and would have considered taking champagne for the room if I knew it was allowed! Thanks for your responses.

Fred Olsen's drinks package sounds fantastic value! definitely no need to take your own onboard. I was wondering about Royal Caribbean, I am going on for a short weekend cruise in August for my anniversary and would have considered taking champagne for the room if I knew it was allowed! Thanks for your responses.

Have a look here . . .

http://bookings.royalcaribbean.co.uk/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&wuc=GBR

Hi there.

I'm surprised you haven't got a Drinks Package. RCI have been throwing them around like confetti.

Have you checked your personaliser or was it not mentioned at time of booking.?

The goal posts seem to be moving all the time for this so best to check and make sure before heading off on your break. The last thing you want to do is purchase a nice bottle of champagne only for it to be taken from you on arrival so always best to check. Better safe than sober tongue.png

wheels36 likes this

Royal Caribbean the last time I cruised allow you to take 2 bottles or wine/sparkling wine onboard for your consumption in the cabin, any more than this and it is confiscated until your return