Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverSong

#hottestdayoftheyear

22 posts in this topic

With temperature’s set to reach 30 degrees, we're just waiting for trains to be cancelled, chaos on the roads and the annual hose pipe ban.  But on a more serious note the elderly, young and even our pets can all struggle with this sort of heat, Britton is just not used it!  So apart from the usual recommendations of sunscreen, keeping hydrated and staying in the shade what advice can you give for keeping cool.  I have even heard on the radio this morning that getting someone to lick your wrists can cool you down (very strange concept!).  I’m on a Caribbean Cruise later on in the year might even pick up some tip for my very pale skinned partner who unlike me is not used to so much vitamin D.

cool.pngcool.pngcool.png

vamp23 likes this

The warm weather is great but it drives me mad hearing people coming out with sentences like "I like it warm, but not this warm" or "it's just that bit too hot". Reall? we complain all year round about the weather and we finally get some sunshine and we moan some more. I say we all enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

RiverSong, ron, Ahoy and 1 other like this

I have even heard on the radio this morning that getting someone to lick your wrists can cool you down (very strange concept!). 

I imagine that it would take your mind off the heat though!

RiverSong likes this

The warm weather is great but it drives me mad hearing people coming out with sentences like "I like it warm, but not this warm" or "it's just that bit too hot". Reall? we complain all year round about the weather and we finally get some sunshine and we moan some more. I say we all enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

I like the warm weather Sammy, gives me Carte Blanche on the office Air Con unit

RiverSong and J-Dog like this

Hello sammy sun where are you please,and can we have some in Lincoln my Fuchsias need the water.

This is not a complaint I hasten to add I love the sun,forgive the pun.

Rodger.

RiverSong likes this

Its very dark here and we have thunder and lightening...and big chunky rain drops...its moving out to sea I think.

Ohhh I take that back...I think its stuck over my house !!!! BIG THUNDER !!!!

WAVES likes this

Shut all your curtains and blinds before you go out to keep the house cool.

On a personal note….. I am having a new bathroom fitted and at present am coping with just a toilet and a bucket to wash in….

Don't worry a friend is lending me his shower tomorrow…. 

No problem where I am, The ocean Breeze, looking out on the ocean with a cold Refreshing 5% Larger, and wind gusts so refreshing! 

Hello sammy sun where are you please,and can we have some in Lincoln my Fuchsias need the water.

This is not a complaint I hasten to add I love the sun,forgive the pun.

Rodger.

Hi Rodger, I'm in Nottingham at the moment so not all that far from Lincoln really, in fact I spent a few years living in Lincoln a while ago so know the area well. I hope the Fuchsias are keeping well. 

Hello sammy sun,it may be quite close but we did not get any thunder or rain.Fuchsia are doing quite well thank you.

Note to terminator " gotten " is very american.Come on dear boy.

Rodger.

Hello sammy sun,it may be quite close but we did not get any thunder or rain.Fuchsia are doing quite well thank you.Note to terminator " gotten " is very american.Come on dear boy.Rodger.

Hi Rodger

How do you know I'm not from that side of the pond originally?

A few weeks ago we planned to be at a Paul Carrack picnic concert tonight, but something came up so had to pass on it.

All week wife has kept saying how lovely the weather would be for the concert.

The concert is now on and it's raining.

A few weeks ago we planned to be at a Paul Carrack picnic concert tonight, but something came up so had to pass on it.

All week wife has kept saying how lovely the weather would be for the concert.

The concert is now on and it's raining.

I'd sit in the rain and listen to Paul Carrack.wub.png