Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Land Ahoy

Summer Sport - What Do You Look Forward To?

16 posts in this topic

Hi The summer sporting events have started or about to commence.  These include The Ashes, Wimbledon, The Open Golf, Tour de France, World Championship Athletics plus many others.  Which, do you look forward to following or do you avoid most of these?   I love watching the mountain stages in the Tour de France, the fitness of these cyclists is unbelievable.

Wimbledon and the Open Golf are up there for me. Watched Wimbledon for as long as I can remember so always look forward to it but I love the Open Golf as well. The Ashes should be interesting but I cannot claim to be an avid cricket fan.

My other half loves watching Wimbledon, The Ashes, Open Golf…more or less anything sport related! I can never get away from the sport on the tv!

The problem is that you can sit watching events such as Wimbledon and the Open, and then wonder where the day went.

I think that the expression is "chewing gum for the eyes".

I know its controversial but the Womens world cup has been awful, i watch it because I like football but the standard is very very low.  Most of the teams would struggle in the conference to be honest.

Sad to see the womens team go out in such a way as that but I have to admit I haven't seen much of the World Cup. Was very pleased to see they had reached the semis and fair play to them for it, it's not an easy achievement so all credit to them, just a shame they suffered going out in that manner. I did, however, watch quite a bit of the under 21 European Championships and I thought England were dreadful, what a shame considering the team that could have been there.

RiverSong likes this

UCI World championship Downhill Mountain Biking is currently on or Redbull Rampage!

Proper sports!! Not enough coverage on TV for my liking!

Instead they show things like golf? cricket? 

BORE OFF!!!