Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jools118

How Do I Book Shore Excursions With P&o

9 posts in this topic

Hi

You need to go online to www.pocruises.com. Log onto the cruise personaliser using your first name, surname, date of birth and P&O ref number. The your cruise details will pop up and you can pick the excursions from there. You have to pre-pay for them. Hope that helps :)

WAVES and JH327 like this

thats a good idea captain kidd but lots of shore excursions sell out before you get onboard! be careful if there is something you really want to do just pay it upfront and book in advance

thats a good idea captain kidd but lots of shore excursions sell out before you get onboard! be careful if there is something you really want to do just pay it upfront and book in advance

I agree, I have seen a few cases where people have been unable to do their preferred excursion because it was booked up when they got on board. If you see something of real interest then best to book it and then decide on others when on board. The booking process using the cruise personaliser on P&O's site is really easy to navigate with a lot of info on each excursion to read through. The excursion booklets pretty much cover the exact same info but in a booklet format rather than online. If you receive a booklet it will be around 6-8 weeks usually before you sail, or it has from my previous experiences whereas online, the excursions are available to view from 100 days before boarding.

I don't believe in booking them online now you have to pay up front unless it is a trip that you really want to do. If it gets cancelled there is the hassle of getting it reimburse back on to your card which means that your card will be in credit as you will have already paid it off. As yet I havent had a problem with booking on the ship, just that you may pay a couple of pounds more. The other thing is that whilst a trip may show that it is closed online a couple of days prior to travel invariably they do this and they are opened up again on board. Not always but mostly.

If it's an excursion you really don't want to miss then I would do as others have advised and book it through your cruise personaliser. There were quite a few disappointed people on our last cruise because although P&O try hard there were some ports where once the excursions were fully booked people could only hope for a cancellation. 

You can book through your cruise personaliser or you can book on board. However, if you book a cruise with Bolsover Cruise Club the very nice people there will book them for you, on your cruise personaliser. If you book excursions before you go  you will need to pay for them at the time of booking.

Does this mean that you've settled on a cruise jools118?  (Apologies if you have said so on another thread and I've missed it!)

I think most cruiselines operate the same way - you can book in advance on-line once you have booked your cruise and your departure date is within a certain number of days; and you can also book on-line at the Shore Excursions desk (or something like that). 

Unsurprisingly cruiselines make it fairly easy for you to book one of their excursions.

If it was me I'd have a look at the different ports, do a bit of research, ask some questions on here.  Then you can decide on the best way to spend your time in the ports.  As I said on another thread recently I utiliise a variety of approaches to achieve what I want to achieve in each port.

This is a useful website for starting to look at the different ports http://www.whatsinport.com/

My final piece of advice is to look at your overall cruise; depending on the length you might want to build in some more relaxing days between the more frenetic ones - many ports are suitable for a bit of a wander around and a nice lunch!

For me investigating the ports before we sail is all part of the fun!

sammy sun likes this