Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
del82

Who Is Best To Use For Car Parking Near Southampton ?

9 posts in this topic

I have used 2 of the main ones, ABPort parking and Cruise and Passenger services. ABPort you park your car and then its a 3 min walk to the terminal. Cruise and Passenger services meet you at the terminal and take your car away to park it. Both are very easy

del82 likes this

We use Cruise Parking, very well located for access from motorway, so the transfer bus deals with most of the local traffic issues.

Well managed, and costs around £10 per day.

del82 likes this

We use CPS as it makes life so easy. You can rent drive space in Southampton and the owners arrange a taxi to take you to the cruise terminal and also be there when you get back. A friend of mine does this but I think it is a lot of trouble. I just class the CZpS charge as part of the holiday. If you have OBS you may be able to use this to cover the car park cost.

del82 likes this

Depends which cruise line but, if travelling with P&O, Princess or Cunard Cruise  & Passenger Services is the best as it is valet parking and right next door to the terminal. You may pay a bit more but it is so convenient and you know your car is safe.

Used a variety of parking services in Southampton, most of which have been more than satisfactory. Often go with CPS for P&O and may use ABP for Royal Caribbean later this year. I would recommend considering hotel/parking packages as well as you can often find some good rates. If you're travelling from afar, hotel/parking packages can be good to get down the night before, relax and start your holiday early. The transfers to the terminals are usually free and run regularly so worth considering. I've used the Hilton, Grand Harbour Hotel and the Ibis in the past.

If you are considering using CPS then take a look at Parking4cruises website they are virtually exactly the same as CPS but generally a lot cheaper. You meet them in short stay car park opp terminal and they photograph your car which is good for you and them and they offer excellent service and you pick your car at the short stay opp terminal on your return.

seawitch and del82 like this