Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheels36

Changing Prices.

18 posts in this topic

Have been keeping an eye on one or two alternatives over the past couple of months to check out what OWT said in an earlier post about six weeks before sailing being the best time to book.

Not much wiser regarding best booking time, but what I have noticed is that Fred Olsen change their prices far less frequently than P&O.

what i dont get with posts about prices changing is the amount of people who moan about it being a lot cheaper 6 weeks before they go to the price that it shows in the brochure, how can anyone expect the price to stay the same for 18 months or how ever long it is, its like buying a coat from house of fraser it will probably go in the sale eventually, what you going to do go and ask for your money back ? i just dont understand it laugh.png i book a holiday and then forget about it i cant be bothered with checking the price of it every week to see if it has come down

loz6, sammy sun, ron and 1 other like this

what i dont get with posts about prices changing is the amount of people who moan about it being a lot cheaper 6 weeks before they go to the price that it shows in the brochure, how can anyone expect the price to stay the same for 18 months or how ever long it is, its like buying a coat from house of fraser it will probably go in the sale eventually, what you going to do go and ask for your money back ? i just dont understand it laugh.png i book a holiday and then forget about it i cant be bothered with checking the price of it every week to see if it has come down

I agree

i also noticed that my cruise had come down in price however i got exactly what i wanted i got the cabin number and the dining i wanted and also some extra on board credit, if i had waited till now when i would have paid a cheaper fare i wouldnt have any of these things and if i had to eat at 6.30 every night this would ruin my holiday as i would have to cut my day short, so im really happy with what i have booked and glad i booked when i did smile.png

Hi  I very much doubt anybody has ever paid the brochure, but the discounts offered by cruise lines do vary.  They have more sales than most companies..  I can understand why those who book early do complain about late offers but they must of consider the holiday cost to be acceptable at the time of booking.  However, they are often misled to believe that cruises book up early this is not true except for possibly Xmas/New Year, Maiden voyages etc.  If you want a great deal book late but if you wish to have a specific cabin you may have to book earlier but at a higher cost.  It all depends upon what you consider important, neither is right or wrong it's down to personal preferences.

Captain Kidd II likes this

If I want a cruise to a specific destination at a particular time I would book early.  Now I am retired I have more options, so can watch for a price drop before booking.  At present we have a cruise booked for 2016 because it is an interesting itinerary that goes only once a year, but we will watch for some other bargain cruises in the meantime.  We have a list of places we want to visit and if one of those comes up at a good price we will book it.

Peter D likes this

I agree with all that has said. In the end you pay your money and take your chance. I think booking about 6 months in advance works out right for me.

I agree with all that has said. In the end you pay your money and take your chance. I think booking about 6 months in advance works out right for me.

Good afternoon Captain.

Or swings and roundabouts.

I work both. wink.png

To put it in a polite form I think the best way is p&O prices are a bit like a window cleaner up & down the ladder until you a get a clear view of whats in front of you!!!!

Ours has gone up £1000, should I complain.

i don't understand how people seemed to not get this!!

i agree peter, if you're happy when you book then thats it. they dont come to you for more money if the price goes up so why expect a refud if it goes down?! it works both ways!

i don't understand how people seemed to not get this!!

i agree peter, if you're happy when you book then thats it. they dont come to you for more money if the price goes up so why expect a refud if it goes down?! it works both ways!

Could not agree more. I think for the first time in a while, the cruise lines pricing policies are extremely clear and transparent. Gone are the days of not knowing what will happen from one day to the next, instead their are clear guidelines set by the cruise lines to show their pricing and for passengers to decide what works best for them. I feel P&O get a rough ride a lot of the time but in truth, they could not be more clear. If you book early, you WILL pay a higher price but you will get a guaranteed cabin number, as well as dining choice and benefit as well like on board credit for example. Alternatively, book later and you WILL pay less but you won't get the aforementioned perks, it's very simple and I don't see how they could make it easier for people. I'm a big fan of the new system as it rewards the individual rather than the masses.

tigerlilly likes this

In this world you pays uour money and takes your chance. We all know how it works so there is no point moaning about it. The more you pay the better the options you get.