Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
del82

Which Cruise Line Is Best For Childrens Clubs ?

9 posts in this topic

i have 2 children 9 and 5 and we have only travelled on p&o they loved the kids clubs on there and just wondered if there were any cruise lines that would offer better facilities than p&o  ?

In my opinion this is a really difficult question as like adults children like different things.  My own children really liked Club HAL on Holland America, whereas they did not use the Kids Club on RCI.

HAL suited us but it wouldn't suit everybody: quite low key; our boys were able to be in the same club together; small number of children.

It really depends upon what you want out of the facilities.  Undoubtedly RCI has lots for families to do.

Hi del82, I have to agree with Shetlander that it’s hard question to answer. The RCI fleet has definitely been designed with families in mind, with plenty of activities in and out of the kids club for them to enjoy. Likewise NCL also cater quite well to the kids as they have teamed up with Nickelodeon to offer one-of-a-kind family activities.

It’s probably best to try and narrow down which cruise ships are catching your eye and research what they have to offer in the Kids Club, then compare these activities to the ones your kids were doing on P&O.

i would recomend NCL i took children on the Norwegian Epic for a week and they loved it they were 13 and 15 at the time, the previous year we were on P&O Oceana they didnt really go to the clubs on there as much,

Childrens facilities on Allure of the Seas were really good catering for all ages from the teen style common room with wi & xbox & bean bags to having their own mini theatre for the Dreamworks characters and also a science room for those wanting something different, add to that the Flo rider and zip line and sports court and there is enough to keep even the most active family happy

I think it's all down to personal preferences and individual needs. P&O are brilliant for kids, but I sometimes think they're not quite up to scratch for teenagers. For younger kids they are excellent but for teenagers they seem to lack the facilities of other cruise lines. Royal Caribbean and NCL are the best two I have seen for covering all age groups to a high standard.

I have recently been on RC's Anthem and I was amazed at how much there was to do for children. I know if i was a child again my parents would never see me for the duration of the cruise!! The seaplex had a circus school going on mid afternoon most days that looked fantastic fun, and the kids clubs seem well hidden away and surprisingly sound proof so im sure the cabins nearby wouldn't have known they were there unless dropping their own children off!