Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mimosa

What Is A "must Do" On Celebrity Eclipse?

19 posts in this topic

Really excited!  I've just booked a short taster cruise on Celebrity Eclipse & wondered what everyone thinks is a "cannot be missed" area on the ship.  Restaurants, Bars, Entertainment etc.  We don't plan on getting off the ship as it's going to Le Havre which we've done a few times before.  So we will have plenty of time to explore the ship....Recommend away....

A friend of mine cruised on Celebrity Eclipse not so long ago as she really enjoyed the Martini Bar and Crush. She said the bartenders were fantastic and really put on a great show, but nothing too cheesy!

If I remember rightly I believe she also recommended Qsine. Very interactive with iPad menus and unique dishes such as Popcorn fish and chips and sushi lollipops.

Qsine is a good experience to try; good food and a clever concept that makes for a unique experience. From a dining perspective, I'd also recommend Murano.

I'm not entirely sure whether they are open for lunch. I would imagine at least one of them would be but when we were last on board, we mainly opted for the buffet restaurant for lunch. We did however visit Murano for Champagne afternoon tea one afternoon.

Can't answer your question just yet as we will be on our first Eclipse cruise in September but looking forward to it after a fantastic cruise on Celebrity Infinity in South America last year. Service, food, free drinks, free gratuities, obc, absolutely brilliant.

Having sailed on the Eclipse several times now and currently have three more cruises booked, I can only advise you to take a step back and enjoy the flow. There is so much to do on board, that to be honest a short break will not allow you to experience all of the wealth of opportunities available, but it will leave you wanting more.

We always attempt to get on board early and while the luggage is being sorted, go to the Mast Bar to relax. From there you will be able to get a feel of the general ambience and the high standard of service, which pervades across the ship. Indeed a major selling point about Celebrity. 

Take your time to stroll down to your stateroom using the Services Guide as you would an AtoZ. This gives you a complete guide to all the facilities. In your stateroom you will then find a copy of Celebrity Today, which when combined with your guide will assist with your planning.  

We have sampled all of the Speciality Dining venues across the fleet, but have to say that we love the food and service in the Moonlight Sonata. For other cruise companies, this would be a speciality venue.

So, before dining its either the Sky Lounge if you like to enjoy the view, the Passport Bar if you like a quiet drink, or our favourite destination the Ensemble Lounge for a mixture of elegance and music. After diner its a show, followed by the Martini Bar, followed by the following day!

Other points of interest are the Mast Grill, for the best burger around and the Café Al Bacio, for goof coffee and cake. 

Enjoy and make sure that you sign up as Celebrity Club members. I am sure that you will be back again!

A must do for me is walking bare footed on the grass of the Lawn Club. Glass blowing was interesting. Liked Tuscan Grille, didn't like Qsine: the ipads were only for show and not interactive (maybe they are now) the concept was poorly explained by the waiter, so we ended up with food that only one person wanted but was served for all four of us.

Dancing in the Atrium to whatever covers band they have onboards at night was great. We had Top Notch who lived up to their name.

A great ship.

RayO

I thought Qsine was a good experience, but you need to have at least 4 people to make it worthwhile. Although I have been on Eclipse 3 times I have always been in Aqua so never actually used the main restaurant. However it does look much better than the restaurants on any other ships.

As Rangerover said, Sky Lounge (daytime) and Ensemble (evenings) are good places to relax.

I can thoroughly recommend Murano as a dining experience on the ship. IMO it's the best food you'll get on board, with service to match.

For entertainment you can't beat the CMOG Hot Glass Show. An incredible insight into glassblowing and you can witness some stunning pieces being made in front of your eyes. Take blankets. Shows last 2 hours and it's well worth staying for the whole thing.

For embarkation day, can I recommend lunch at Bistro on Five. Food is fantastic and you can bypass the scrum of the buffet. Only $10 cover charge all in. Whatever food you order, can I recommend the hand spun shakes which are ONLY available at Bistro on Five.

Have a great cruise on one of my favourite ships.

Lol...this was a year ago..

Oh God you're right. I just saw the new post and assumed it was a recent thread!

Despite it being a year ago, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the Murano recommendation you made. It's an excellent restaurant on board, one that I always enjoy visiting.