Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiverSong

Msc To Deploy Ship In Cuba

8 posts in this topic

Since sanctions have progress between America and Cuba speculation has been rife as to when we would see more mainstream cruise lines feature this Island in their programs.  MSC have made the announcement that they will base the Opera in Havana from December to April 2016.   As they’re European registered Company so they’ve been able to get there foot in the door first.  Be interesting to see how and when the others will follow suite.  I’ve never been to Cuba and had mixed reports from friends so not sure if I would want to holiday their but as a cruise port could be the perfect opportunity.

this might be another option for flying straight out to the caribbean and not having to go through america?

It would be, don't think you can fly via America to Cuba because of sanctions still in place, but you still need a Visa for Cuba

Hi Although USA/Cuban relations are improving USA passengers are still banned from travelling to this island.  MSC are hoping that this embargo will soon changed or they will be in trouble.  To fill their ships with European passengers will require quite a few charter aircraft, but which countries will they chose to fly from and from which airports.  This will determine whether I would consider cruising with them I wouldn't like to have to fly to Italy from the UK to fly across the Atlantic. 

RiverSong likes this

I had three weeks Holiday in Cuba when working for Thomson, it was a beautiful place scenery and history wise and Havana was amazing but.

I would never visit again as the food was very strange, this was in 1999 so a few years ago buy not good memorys.  Brussel Sprouts for breakfast every other morning

was one example

And this was in a 5 star hotel

Recently visited Cuba and wonder if the arrival of many cruises ships will transform the country from what it is at present, to some it may lose its charm but for others it may increase the quality of life for them and with the door to America opening possible cheap imports of essential items would be welcome by the locals

I've heard on the rumour mill that Carnival have also been given the go ahead to based Fathom (or should we say - old adonia) to be situated in Cuba for part of the year also.

Personally I hope the country manages to retain some of its charm and doesnt end up with a Macdonalds right outside the airport!!!!!!!

As for H-TURTLE comments re the food yes they do seem to like vegetable at breakfast but maybe thats the way to start your 5 day

RiverSong likes this