Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boomboomtime

Weather In Norway

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I am going to the Fjords 25.07.15 and I have recently seen and heard posts on fb etc that there seems to be some rather unsettled weather.

To the point that the locals are surprised and confused. I saw a photo of Geiranger (I think) that was from a day or so ago and it was really misty and cold, yet there were other comments that other Norwegian ports had been warmer/drier on the same day.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Has anyone cruised there recently?

Thank goodness for the unlimited luggage allowance, I am used to packing bikinis and hot weather clothing, easy peasy compared to this one.

thank you

this is so hard to answer, need a crystal ball!! haha. i think everywhere has unsettled weather, look at our heat wave last week, we were the same temperature as the maldives!

WAVES likes this

I would take enough clothes for a range of weather. We have been expecting cooler weather and needed swim wear. My sister went in August and needed cold weather wear. Take both and you cannt go wrong.

Land Ahoy likes this

Like Captain Kidd has already mentioned I would take clothes for a range of weather, come rain or shine you'll be well prepared for the weather then smile.png.

And have a great trip!

The fjords ports of call on the west coast of Norway are in a similar position relative to prevailing winds and mountains, as Manchester is relative to the Pennines, so rain can be expected. In May it rained at all four ports of call.

We did the Fjords at the end of August when it should have been cooling down but it was unexpectidly hot.  I would suggest layers that you can take off & add on.  Maybe also a light rain coat

Enjoy xxsmile.png

Its a bit like the UK weather, it can be blazing hot requiring shorts & tshirt or in July wet and windy, as everone has said pack for both but enjoy it all the same

When i went to the fjords in May it was beautiful! Was is it's 20's. So July will be even better!

May 2015 on Azura got rain at every port, with bucket loads at Stavanger.

Last week (May 2016) on Azura, we left Southampton in fine drizzle, which soon became thick fog overnight. However, we woke up to blue skies & had unseasonably hot weather all week. Fortunately we had packed plenty of thin layers, weatherproof jackets ..... & suncream! biggrin.png   We also walked up in the mountains where there was still lots of snow so although we were lucky, it could have been very cold.