Welcome to Bolsover Cruise Club Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to the Cruise Club Forum by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Kidd II

Where Do You Stick Your Loyalty Pin?

35 posts in this topic

When we did our last cruise we had been "promoted" to the next tier. No new pins were waiting for us in our cabin. Needless to say we didn't complain! I have seen a few men in the top tier wearing their pins at the loyalty events. I don't think it is the sort of thing that we ladies would want to wear anyway. I agree with others that the pins are a waste of money.

Captain Kidd II likes this

Hi  I'm with your wife: these pins/badges go in the re-cycle bin.

I think that's a bit harsh LandAhoy.

My wife adapted ours on one cruise to wear as earings.

I certainly would not wear mine on a formal night. Too much danger of damaging that nice shiny jacket lapel.

We didn't receive one when we rose to the dizzy heights of Atlantic tier, nor did we get a voucher for our sailaway bubbly either.  Most importantly, I had to contact P&O on return from our first qualified cruise to get a refund on our onboard spending at the 7.5% rate.  Looking forward to seeing all these wonderful enhancements when we rise to Mediterranean tier later this year.  Oh the excitement!

Oldworldtraveller likes this

Putting the cynical hat on the cruise line may well have paid an awful lot of money for this idea, no doubt accompanied by reams of psychological documentation explaining the "inclusiveness" of the pin idea, and the projections on future profitability (internally known as the "rope a dope theory").

Captain Kidd II likes this

Loyalty Manager told us that they don't give out pins unless pax ask for them - who would bother???

One lady informed us that she used them to keep her stole in place

Question, why would anyone want to wear a loyalty pin other than to show off?

Good morning OWT

I could of course quote Donald Trump...."Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser.”

Words I completely endorse.

PS. OWT, that's a bit cheeky 'liking' your own posts.

Good afternoon SR

Didn't realise that I had 'liked' my own post. Not sure how that happened. Have tried to remove it but seem unable to from my tablet.

I also agree with Donald Trumps saying but personally I believe that having an ego is very different to showing off.

OWT

pennbank likes this

Good afternoon SR

Didn't realise that I had 'liked' my own post. Not sure how that happened. Have tried to remove it but seem unable to from my tablet.

I also agree with Donald Trumps saying but personally I believe that having an ego is very different to showing off.

OWT

Having an ego and Being Arrogant are also different ! wink.png